is a scion tc considered a sports car by insurace companies?

Favorite Answer

The tC is not a sports car. Insurance looks at a couple things, is it a high horsepower engine? tC's case its not a high horsepower engine. Also they look at doors. Does it have two doors? No. The tC has 3 doors. The hatchback is considered a door. My insurance, USAA, considers the tC as a 3 door sedan so insurance for me is low, around $600-$700 a year. I don't know about other insurance companies. I've heard some people pay over a $1,000 a year for the tC on insurance. Some insurance companies try to sucker people into thinking a 3 door hatchback is a sports car to get money. But the tC's body style, being based on a 4 door car, being a 3 door hatchback, not having a high horsepower engine, and having high safety ratings, it should not be considered a sports car. In fact it's not a sports car.......

Unfortunatly police don't care anything to them with two doors is a sports car and will will find a reason to pull you over. But i havent been pulled over.

Source(s): 05 Scion tC owner
  • butlin

Scion Sports Cars

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): scion tc considered sports car insurace companies: https://biturl.im/LzE4v

No. Even though the older tC was basically a copy of the 2001-2005 Toyota Celica, which was a sports car, the tC was never considered a sports car because of its softer tuning and emissions. It was classified as a Compact Coupe. It is "Sporty", but not a sports car. Insurance goes up for these reasons: -Rear wheel drive -2 door cars -anything larger than a 4 cylinder engine -Turbo or superchargers The Scion tC has 2 doors, but none of the other factors for high insurance associated with a sports car.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avbpZ

colin are you serious? the older tc is a turd, and there is no example of a tc having over 500hp that i can think of off the top of my head and its called the scion FRS or the subaru BRZ to the OP every car for a teen is going to cost a fortune to insure your best bet is to get something used for your first car, as i think every teen should start with something under $10k

I dont think so, I have a Scion XA and the insurace was only 1,100 a year. It was my first car. I have Geico I dont know who your insurer is I think it would depend upon who your insurere was. Goodluck to you, safe driving!!

scion tc is not a sports car...

Like was said, its a hatchback with a 4 cylinder

Completely false, for instance the FRS... low horsepower, i4 engine.. the only thing the frs has is rear wheel drive and it's considered sport

• Bevvy

I recommend one to try this web page where you can compare rates from the best companies: http://PROTECTIONQUOTES.NET/index.html?src=5YAPZPo...

RE :Is a scion tc considered a sports car by insurace companies?

Follow 8 answers

Source(s): I recommend one to try this web page where you can compare rates from the best companies: http://PROTECTIONQUOTES.NET/index.html?src=5YAPZPo...
  • 1Edge3

Unfortunately yes. Anything sporty with only 2 doors will probably cost more to insure, even a Cavalier, definitely the tC.

• Connor5 years agoReport

Hatch = 3rd door