workout and diet plan..?

hai there.

i'm really wanting to get my body fit/ toned and i need some guidance for how to do it (:

i am 14 years old, and i'm a vegetarian (if that helps at all).

i'm not 'big', but i'm not toned and i'd reaaally like to be. obviously it will take time, which i have, but i'd like to do it the fastest and easiest (preferably in home) way possible. if anyone has any workout and/ or diet plans that will help me achieve that then you are great.

[lower abdomen/ abdomen/ legs/ arms]

thanks a bunch (:

Update:

it's not so much that i want to loose weight, just toning.

Update 2:

i eat all dairy, just no meat (:

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We spend our hard earned money to purchase various things including the food that we eat. It is this food that causes accumulation of fat on our bellies (for men) and at the buttocks (for women).

please start doing kapalbhati pranayam as advised by baba Ramdev in Aastha channel for 10 minutes daily

stay away from fast foods . foods with allot of preservatives . and NO SODA . i bet you drink lots dont you . STOP IT you have no idea just how bad that is for you . and preservatives slow down your metabolism . but that is not your problem . you are so tied up in what you think others think . learn to be self absorbed , shallow , inconsiderate .

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.

If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which

will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow

underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without

exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin.. If

you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey

cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your

diet is still balanced. For exercising,

start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the

most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever..

==============================

I am giving you a diet below that is used for maximum fitness and people who are exercising well, you can modify it according to your needs.

1. Plan to eat 4-5 meals a day. In each meal you should have 1 complex carb such as brown rice, whole wheat products, 1 fibrous carb - such as green vegetables / fruits and 1 lean protein such as egg whites, whey protein etc.. Reduce the portions so you eat once in 3 hours or so.

If you can't eat 5 meals, try for 4 - break up your single large lunch or dinner into two parts.

2. Having now decided to eat 4-5 meals and knowing what to eat in each meal, here's good vegetarian stuff for in each of the three categories -

Complex carb

---------------------

Whole wheat bread

Whole wheat pasta

Brown rice (long grain brown basmati rice is okay, though not so effective)

Chappattee or paratha (with no ghee) made out whole wheat atta - use flaxseed / sunflower oil / even olive oil to make the parathas - use minimal oil though

Oatmeal - this is an excellent food, here's an indian way of eating it - mix with plan low fat yogurt, add green chilli pickles or chat masala, add some raw onions, cucumbers and nutrela soya chunks soaked in

water - this gives you healthy carbs, protein together. You can also have oatmeal kichadi (don't be surprised, it works)

Dals of all types cooked with minimal oil

Potatoes, yam etc.. - cooked in gravy or boiled and stir fry with spices, again, less oil and only the oils mentioned above

Unfortunately, white rice, basmati rice (unless it is brown basmati rice found in the US), maida are bad for health. You have to eat whole wheat atta products only or brown rice.

Simple / fibrous carbs

--------------------------------

All vegetable dry curries without any compromise on spices (spice it up as much as you like), use less oil though and don't overcook, use only the oils recommended above earlier

All vegetable gravies (no paneer sorry) cooked with minimal oil, make the same gobi mutter gravy with very less oil, you can use all the spices you want

All fruits

Lean protein

-------------------

If you eat non-veg, you should eat chicken breast and fish - these are healthy sources of lean protein. Cook it with spices but less oil.

If you are vegetarian, here's where you have very few options.

Egg white omlette (are eggs okay with you?)

Nutrela soya chunks in tomato gravy or any type soya curry - remember though that soya chunks from Nutrela are not exactly lean proteins, they also have higher carbohydrates

Whey protein powder mixed in low or fat free milk, add hershey's sugar free syrup if you have, add very little sugar or use splenda or stevia, add fruits if you still find the taste difficult

Non fat or low fat cottage cheese

Pulses and lentils - all dals, peas and beans have proteins but they have carbs as well, so really they should come under complex carb foods. If you are unable to get whey protein / non fat dairy products, then you may have dals as lower sources of proteins, but remember that they will not have as high protein and also have higher carbs. Chana, rajma etc.. can be eaten for protein, but when you eat these, you may possibly not eat too many chappattis since the chana itself has protein and carbs both. Eating chappattis and chole will give you too many carbs.

Tofu, bean curd etc.. - same as soya chunks

Proteins are very much needed when you exercise.

Fats

---------

Your body needs the good fats - use sunflower oil, flaxseed oil for your cooking. Try eating avocados, but that is about all. Don't eat fried or fatty foods or very oily food. No chocolates, snacks, etc..

3. Drink a lot of wat

Source(s): My knowledge
  • 1 decade ago

well for starters you do need a good protein shake since you are vegetarian here is my url to the site buy bulk whey http://www.buybulkwhey.com/?C=470 this will help me if you buy from here but if you dont want to buy online then you can just go ahead and go to yuour local health store and pick it up but this is a feature that you should obtain. apart from that if you want to get toned well start with diet . diet is very important and if you are vegetarian i hope you eat alot of vegetables and not junk. you should try protein foods such as peanut butter chick peas and nuts i am assuming you don't eat eggs either but this is really good if you are will but do not take in alot of simple carbs keep them complex with healthy fruits and vegetables. now for fitness you want to work at home. although i'll add that the gym is much better. You can do many things for strength such as push ups sit ups squats lunges jump squats jumping jacks step ups and many more and if you have any resistance bands dumbells or barbells or even a small chair if you want to from it you can add in some dumbell curls press backs shoulder presses and rows. this will get your whole body you should try and target the whole body. you should also do cardio like running up and down stairs skipping or running around the block. try all of this obviously not all on the same day.

• 5 years ago

A trainer and a diet planner is always required for proper workout. Remember only exercise is not enough for a healthy fit body rather a proper diet according to your diet is always required.

• 5 years ago

A change to healthier eating also includes learning about balance, variety, and moderation.

Aim for balance. Most days, eat from each food group grains, protein foods, vegetables and fruits, and dairy. Listen to your body. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you feel satisfied.

Look for variety. Be adventurous. Choose different foods in each food group. For example, don't reach for an apple every time you choose a fruit. Eating a variety of foods each day will help you get all the nutrients you need.

Practice moderation. Don't have too much or too little of one thing. All foods, if eaten in moderation, can be part of healthy eating. Even sweets can be okay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Contact 21daybodymakeover to get celebrity trainer George DiGianni's custom Exercise Videos with instruction of each exercise.

• 3 years ago

Add extra few minutes to a workout

• 4 years ago

jog on the treadmill at 4 mph for 25 minutes or at 7 mph for 9 minutes

• 4 years ago

ditch the mayo cheese and top bun if you want to scrape off 250 calories from a restaurant sandwich

• 3 years ago

strap on your 4 inch stilettos and you only have to climb 25 flights

• 4 years ago

do the horizontal polka missionary style for an hour and 7 minutes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.