Are You Amazed at the Kindness and Generosity of Others?

Have you ever had anyone do something so kind, and generous, that you were actually amazed?

We have been having a rough time, and our neighbors, have just done one of the most kind, unselfish things I have ever seen in my life. I don't even know how to thank them or begin to repay them.

If you would like to share your story, please do so.

Favorite Answer

my sixth grade teacher saw my sneakers were in tatters and bought me a brand new pair. she slipped them to me when the other kids weren't looking. just handed them to me in a hurry and told me to beat it, so I wouldn't get embarrassed. kinda neat.

Oh yeah, years ago there was a very large fire which burned over 10,000 acres and it was all around my house. I was at work but a neighbor helped get my kids out, then when my husband stayed to fight the fire as best as he could, some friends showed up with a portable water tank and helped put out spot fires. They brought their neighbors to help and we didn't even know those people. They just came to help and we were able to keep our home, the fire dept had given up on us when the 50 mph winds carried the fire along endangering more homes downwind. I'm not saying the fire dept didn't try to help, it was just a matter of really being understaffed that day. There were something like 25 separate fires close by and they had to make a judgment call and we were given up on. Thank goodness for the kindness of friends and strangers.

its good to know that there are still people like that.. I mean those people who do things without asking for something in return. Honestly, i could say that i'm one of those people.. You dont need to repay your neighbor..well.. i guess repay him/her with kindness too.. you know the movie "pay it forward"? i love watching that movie.. i was like in elementary when i watched that..,i then realized that goodness is really in human's nature..there are just things around us that hinder us in sharing our goodness to everybody..

there's a line from the book.. "the diary of anne frank" which i cant remember that talks about the goodness of people.. anyways.. Good day to you!

So, I went to a VERY small store. Me and my sister got some things like milk and pop and eggs. And then we went to the cash register. And paid for them. But we were like THREE pennies short, so the check out lady PAID for the extra three pennies.

Yes, that is the closest I got to very generous and kind people.

I don't really know, maybe not amazed, but I know they cared about me. Probably my parents? I mean they did a lot for me but I never really realized that. I think I have done a lot for others too, and sometimes it makes me sad not a single "thank you" came out of their mouths. But now I guess I am like that too, with my parents. I always say thank you for every single thing one has done for me, but not for like what they have done for me long term.

I asked a question on here asking everybody to pray for my friend Blake and his brother, who is going into the Navy and everybody said they would. It made me tear up that people care about people they don't even know.

Well, this friend of mine, is very hated by her classmates. I don't understand why. But what she does is she buys/bakes a lot of cookies and gives them to people who are depressed, sad, or in need of cheering up.

• s h

i changed some peoples tire the other day. they didn't loosen the lugnuts before they jacked it up. don't try to loosen lugnuts when the car is already jacked, or you will spill the car to the ground. much love to everyone here!

well this guy backed up on a busy street just to let us get over and switch laned

• Robin

I will have to say it's rare. It hasn't happened to me often that nothing really comes to mind except my mom is like that about every day.

That's awesome that it happened to you.