Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

i burned my finger, on a hot hot lamp? how long is the healing process?? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

PLease help me im so afraid i dont wanna die!

help!

Favorite Answer

Omg, calm down. It's just a burn.

Put it under cold water for a few minutes. And apply ice if needed. If it's a severe burn then you need to go to the ER.

It varies based on how much skin was burnt. If it was only like the top layer, then you shouldnt worry. Be sure to place a slice of a potato on it. It is known to reduce scarring. Get some ice in a bag and place it over the area.

Based upon the size of the scar it could take a few days to a week or two. But if it is just your finger, i'd say up to a week maximum.

If you see that its scarring, place scar gel on it to reduce skin discoloration.

P.S - FEEL BETTER!

Do not cover it.

Apply ointment. Three four time in a day

Put daily under running normal water two times

a day if wound is not there

Keep it clean by using cotton softly

In seven days it will starts healing.

Becoming blister will be good sign it

Indicate flow out of bad liquid. It also

Indicate that below blister there is a good skin developing.

OMG calm down, its just a burn, you're not going to die. it takes about 1-3 days to heal, and after a while, it will leave the slightest ring around where you burn you're finger. I burned my finger on a hot iron when I was around 5, and I have a barely noticeable line around where I was burned. You'll be fine.

This might sound weird but if it just happened cut a potato and put were you got burned on it, (the potato takes in the heat)

dont run it under cold water it might blister the pain should go away in a couple hours but it might take some days to get better

HOPE THIS HELPS

First of all, run it under cold water. Then switch from icing it to heating it with a heating pad. After your finger starts feeling a little better, put some pressure on it. If you can't go to sleep, put a glass of cold water next to your bed and keep your finger in it until you fall asleep or it gets to cold!

Source(s): Burned my finger on a turtle lamp! Hurts like crazy!!!

Run it under cold water, if you have bactine i would put that on tht will help it heal faster. Just continue to put that on ad it should feel a little better. Hope this helps!

Also, put some ice on it, then it should feel way better. It sould be fully healed in a week.

Source(s): i got burnt to :(
  • how bad is it?i got a 2nd degree burn from my oven,and it happend a few weeks ago,and its healed now.but it has a terrible scar.put ice in a washcloth or in a ziplock bag and hold it on there.also try some bactine.it still leaves a scar,but it takes pain away and heals fast,and the scar isnt SO bad.

Put some Neosporin on it, and aloe helps with more then just sunburn sometimes, and don't wrap it up unless you actual need to go do something where you think that it will get bumped and hurt more. It needs to be aired out, just make sure it does not get infected.

Source(s): I'm accident prone, personal experience

Hahahaha Die???? If it just happened pour some milk on it if not you may want to go into the doctor so they can give you some ointment for it but I am certain and 100% sure that you are not going to die.