If a person was frozen with cryogenics, how fast would they be able to reheat & would there b any side-effects?

Okay, so say there's a space program at a school. There's a simulated mission set for a couple of weeks and the astronauts want to pull a "disaster" on mission control. Our thoughts are to design a situation where we have found water on the moon, and we take some of it for examination and send the... show more Okay, so say there's a space program at a school. There's a simulated mission set for a couple of weeks and the astronauts want to pull a "disaster" on mission control. Our thoughts are to design a situation where we have found water on the moon, and we take some of it for examination and send the majority of it back to mission control for more thorough and rigorous testing, none of the water has been consumed, but since all of these astronauts have been exposed to this water, they contract a virus. So does mission control. My thoughts, as the "disaster designer" are to make the virus water-soluble and susceptible to heat or cold as it may be, but in order to treat all these people, I need to be able to freeze their blood, hypothetically, so that there is no liquid. Would it be possible, not in reality, but as a simulation or make-pretend, to accomplish the task without causing brain damage or any other problems? Is it even possible to be able to unfreeze a person that fast? I realize this all sounds very dangerous, but none of it is real, it's all simulated so nobody is even close to being harmed.
3 answers 3