What will happen if i don't pay my Red Light Camera Ticket in Missouri (St. Louis County)?

i live in St. Louis county and just got a red light camera ticket in the mail for $100 and was wondering what will happen if i decide not to pay it. Money is tight and some people have told me nothing will happen if i don't pay it because it's not revenue for the city

• JB
    Favorite Answer

Red light camera tickets in the St. Louis County area, regardless of which municipal city it happened in, result in money for the city and the company which owns the camera. On the ticket is a court date and location. This type of ticket is considered enforceable and valid by the Missouri Supreme Court, at this time.

Ignore it, and you will find a warrant for "failure to appear" will be issued for you. You can them be arrested and taken to jail.

Pay it, and you will find you have points assessed to your drivers license.

Suggestion, go to court and talk to the prosecuting attorney before court to see if you can eliminate the points. Or, contact one of those ticket specialty places like the traffic law center, ticket one, or any of the others, and let them handle the case for you.

Source(s): Worked in Missouri as law enforcement for a while

Currently most of the Cities have stopped issuing tickets. Red Light camera's have been challenged in court as illegal. I'm pretty positive it is not a point violation and that they do not put a warrant out for you, unless you make contact with them and they find out who you are. You can call anonymously and ask if it is a point violation. You can call St. Louis County PD and ask them if you have any warrants. Don't call the City where you received ticket.

I don't know the law in St. Louis, but I believe they will put a "standing warrant' on you.

Just don't get stopped by the police because if you do then you will be arrested and taken to county.

I got a ticket at Union and Delmar, I paid it. I read where the Alderman did want to pay his tickets, really!! It seems like the city is just finding an easy way to make $, one day it will all blow up and who ever came up with this quick fix way to make money will pay, more then just a traffice ticket.

Maybe 4 days in jail as they only count t 25 dollars a day' .I would see if you can talk to a judge and get time payments as they're good for doing this especially when things are so tight.lots of luck.

Traffic warrant, eventually your drivers license will be suspended, and then you'll be hating life when you get pulled over.

"I didn't know it was suspended" never works.