i wanna be an actress!!?

i wanna be an actress, so what degrees would help me achieve that. should i start my associates in fine arts? or something else?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello! I have been an actress for 9 years and I would love to help you with your question. First get into some acting classes. Without these, you will get nowhere. Also, get some experience in acting by getting into school plays or local theater productions. You need to do both of these things. Once you have had training and experience, make a resume. You can check out the format by searching it on google. Then, you must get an 8x10 headshot of yourself. Paste your resume to the back of your headshot. Now you are ready for an agent. Agents don't cost a thing! Never ever pay an agent! They only make money if you book a job, so don't pay an agent up front. Search "talent agencies in your town here". You can also go to http://www.sag.org/ and find your market to find local talent agencies. Once you have selected a few good agencies you would like, send your resume/headshot along with a cover letter (a letter describing why you would like to be represented by their agency) to all of your local talent agencies. If they like your headshot, they will call you in for an interview. This can take anywhere from 6 days to 6 months, so never re-submit if you think they didn't receive your submission. Never call an agency, they are too busy. Again, if they call you in for an interview, and they really think you have what it takes, they will sign you with their agency. Your agent will then find auditions for you to go on in film, television, commercials, and theater depending on your type. You can also check out http://www.startips.com/ to find out in even more detail on how to become an actress.

I wish you the best of luck in this business :D

---Edit---

NEVER attend acting classes at places like John Robert Powers, Barbizon, ProModel, or iPop! They are complete scams, and they will cost you thousands of dollars. A good acting class for beginners should not cost more that three hundred dollars, if that.

• Kab
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Take everything the University has to offer in drama.

Becoming an Actor/Actress

Find every opportunity in your traveling distance that does Plays or Musicals. Check the schools and community groups as well as professional. Contact them and ask to be notified of any auditions.

If you do not get a part, offer to help in any way (paint scenery, usher etc.) Just being around the production you will learn a lot.

Study Dance, Music and Acting. You must be able to do at least one great and the others well enough to let the others work around you. Find classes or instructors that have produced talent.

Work on your image. You have to be a go getter, with lots of confidence and at the same time come across as humble.

Develop work ethics. Never be late. Never be absent. Always be attentive. Always show respect for others, even when you do not think they deserve it.

If and when approached by a talent agent or agency. Check them out carefully. If you are too young to sign a contract, remember your parents will need to be very involved.

Agents

They do not look at your picture and resume and go out and try to find you a job.

You should give them enough information about your skills and decent photos of you.

Almost all agents know where to find out about casting for theater and movies.

When these castings are announced they look through their files to see who might have a chance. If you appear to have a chance they will notify you.

Until you have found work several times they are not going to go out and try to sell you to a producer.

Read these web sites and all their links.

http://www.actingbiz.com/articles/how_to_get_a_tal...

http://www.agentassociation.com/

http://www.sag.org/content/find-agent

• 1 decade ago

Acting classes, I think that is in the arts category.

You have to be amazing, millions of people out

there want to be actresses too, some not for the

right reasons..

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I have an uncle in Chicago who works for the educate station and he is ALWAYS requested to be a further in films. Look on-line or hold a watch out for films coming on your field. Maybe you'll be able to begin out as a further and spot what it is fairly like on a film set. Also, in view that you are very younger, attempt to simply have amusing. If you are involved approximately being shy, attempt to get worried in drama at tuition or a neighborhood neighborhood theatre. Even small ingredients can support with degree fright.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • R K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you don't need a degree to be an actress, you just need experience,some talent, the right looks,being in the right place at the right

time and meeting the right people at the right time and a lot of luck and

hard work and determination.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.