How to build an e-commerce website?

How do i build a e-commerce website with shopping cart and paypal and credit card capability?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming you are loking to making it yourself and not hiring an expensive website builder to do it for you, you should look at Office Live Small Business from Microsoft. This service lets you register a .com domain, host it, and use their templates to help build your sites. You can easily add shopping carts and accept paypal payments so that you can sell products directly through your website.

Cheers,

Jeff

MSFT Office Live Outreach

www.officelive.com

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're not a web designer yourself, then you must hire one.

It's quite a complicated task to build one from scratch. There several open source applications out there to create an ecommerce site. Such as ZenCart or osCommerce, but that's only a framwork of the site.

You will still need a payment gateway and a merchant account.

Keep in mind that each credit card transaction will cost you money. Your merchant account will cost you about $30-40 per month and each transaction about $0.35 plus 3-4% of the entire transaction.

Consider speaking with a web design company about what you're looking for and get a quote on the project.

Hope this helps.

• VicSEO
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Check out www.homestead.com which is a complete ecommerce DIY web and hosting service that offers shopping cart and PayPal options; all starting at $10 per month.

Good luck

• 1 decade ago

hire a website designer or use something like homestead.com to make the site

for credit card you need to go to your bank get a business bank account then get application from them to apply to a payment services place, they will take a set up fee (usually around $400) a monthly fee ($40) a fee for each transaction (15cents) and a percentage from the transaction (3.5%)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First of all you need hosting and domain name which should preferably contain you business keywords. Domain name is very important for search engines to find your site. But even more important is your website's content. You should write description of your company and products and this description should contain keywords (never try to copy content from other sites).

You need an e-commerce website with the integrated payment gateway such as PayPal and a shopping cart. This kind of websites requires PHP programming and database. This is one of the most expensive parts of building of a website. And you are unlikely to be able to make it by your own unless you know HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript. I must warn you that you will have invest in such website professionally designed and developed at least $2500. But it will be paid-off soon if your business is really good. More over you will probably need to invest some money in advertising. So it's up to you to decide whether you would like to go online.

In case of interest I can recommend you a web design company with which I work a lot. They can advise you on any issue concerning building your website and search engine optimization. A good thing about these guys, except comparatively low prices, is that they offer free life-time technical support and guarantee to their clients. See the link in my source.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.