What are good things about the LDS Church?

I always hear stupid stuff that I know isn't true. But, why won't those critics put it to rest and start focusing on what good thing the church has?

Please I'm new at this so be nice to me and my faith.

I don't even want to hear the terms mislead, brainwashed, or false teachings or religion.

I am also LDS so don't online racists flak at me I'm very sensitive.

We have done lots of good for people in need we launch humanitarian projects and donate to people less fortunate than others. One we even donated wheelchairs to a thrid world country and they were very grateful we supplied them with those.

We have done lots of good for people in need we launch humanitarian projects and donate to people less fortunate than others. One time we even donated wheelchairs to a thrid world country and they were very grateful we supplied them with those.

I don't wanna hear these following terms: Deluded, mislead, brainwashed, false doctirine, false teachings, or false beliefs.

Favorite Answer

They do many good deeds and live good lives. They hold a respected position in the community. However.

As they don't believe the bible and trust in Jesus as their saviour (The Jesus who is the one and only Son of God and not Satan's brother) they are lost and headed for hell and inspiring many others to go with them.

"But what about the good works and their holy life style" you say. Our good works are nothing to God and our holiness is like dirty rags to Him.

Here is some good about the LDS CHurch. They stand up for who and what they believe in. THey hold true to the standards that are set before them. They send million of dollars to other countries to aid them in becoming better. they set up a Perpetual education Fund to help those in third world countries gain a higher education and then those that take from this fund give back to it so that others can do the same. All one needs to do is go to lds.org and look under Humanitarian Aid to see exactly how much good the LDS church does on a daily, weekly. monthly and yearly basis.

• rac

Andrew, I'm confused. Why are you asking this question when you are already well informed of the many good things the LDS church does for people.

I personally work in the Family History Center where we help all people to look up their family history and do their genealogy research. I am also active in our regional cannery where we preserve food for the bishop's storehouse, local food banks and individual members.

Most of all the church increases faith in its adherents and invites all people to come unto Christ. Those that do are spiritually strengthened to get through life with the comfort of the spirit to know that they are doing what the Lord would want them to do.

Source(s): LDS

There's plenty of good in the LDS church. Most members do try to be honest, kind, generous, treat others fairly, etc. I have no problem with the members for the most part. The church doctrines are what I have issues with.

Source(s): exmormon

Well, although I don't agree with their teachings, I will say that they atleast preach, and pretty thoroughly. Preaching is a part of Christianity, not an optional accessory. Besides Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons are the only affirming 'Christian' religion that actually goes out and preaches. So, I will give them that much. Its amazing how many religions actually preach in comparison to those who don't.

I don't know! I used to go to a baptist church a long time ago, and they would show videos about how bad Mormons and Catholics are and how "evil" they are. It was so hateful and VERY VERY untrue!

My mom converted to the LDS church soon after the evil videos and I can stand witness that the LDS church has done nothing but good for everyone that I know.

Source(s): <---not deluded or brainwashed. Weird, huh?

Those darn critics! They aren't the problem. You are.

Did God actually speak to Joseph? Did you realize you can factually check out statements that 1838 Joseph made about his home town, his motives for praying, who appeared to him against historical evidence and even statements Joseph himself made. It adds up to myth, the First Vision story alone. And we haven't even started to talk about all evidence that shows fraud in the B o A, prophecies your church doesn't want you to know about, etc... Wake up!

Bless the LDS church for spending nearly $100 million to help people while spending $2 billion on a mall in SLC. Impressive. Clap clap clap.

Bless LDS Bishops for putting in so much time. It's a tough job. Seriously, good for them. From personal experience I know them to be good guys, occasionally inspired, and mostly flying by the seat of the their pants. Sadly they usually encourage hurting people to try harder or obey LDS prophets more as the fix. Neither points them to faith in Jesus but faith in pretenders.

Love your welfare system. Great concept. But since LDS bishops get to dole out help based on their assessment of a person's worthiness, that it has become nothing more than a control vehicle?

Clueless.

My church has gone to a hispanic country to the dumps hwere they live and they never heard of an LDS missionary and to a gypsy village in romania and theynever heard of an LDS missionary to the poor, drug infested community in my area and they never saw an LDS missionary, so why do you avoid these areas, why because they can't pay 10% tithing to your church, you are interested in $$$$ not souls.

I have alos done a lot of humanitarian, hurricane clean-up efforts with the military, not an LDS person in sight, I think you jest.

The LDS church is a fraction of the size of the catholic church yet is neck and neck with them in being the largest provider of charitable aid on earth.

Regardless of religious beliefs, that's to be commended.

They have some really interesting scriptures about Jesus visiting the 'Jews' in the America's, just after his resurrection and also some Chapters of Moses and Abraham, and D&C, etc....and The Bible....which I use when teaching. (Jehovah is in there also)

http://scriptures.lds.org/

Welcome Jesus earth's new King!

Praise and thanksgiving to Jehovah/YHWH the Father.