Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What Have Jehovah's Witnesses Actually Witnessed?

I mean a witness is someone who actually sees something and can give testimony about what they saw. Anything that they get second hand is called hearsay. So, if anything, what have the JWs actually witnessed?

Favorite Answer

Well, I can tell you what I've witnessed in my 47 years of life:

1.) WT allows organ transplants.

2.) WT disallows large gatherings, parties, congregation picnics, etc. The joy starts to decline to nothingness from there.

3.) WT allows blood fractions.

4.) At 22 years old, I witnessed a series of WatchTowers and Awakes! dealing with the topics of prophecy, generations, 1914. (See 1984 Bound Volume)

5.) I saw the Berlin wall come down.

6.) I saw the end of the Cold War, which completely threw the WT's guess of the King of North/South into disrepair.

7.) I saw the long-held understanding of the generation of 1914 fly out the window in 1995. Hardly anyone noticed. Millions who were living in 1914 are now DEAD.....

8.) In 1980, I graduated high school, which my parents and the WT promised would never happen when I entered school back in 1968. What the hell was I supposed to do now?

9.) I saw the end of the millenium, something no one was supposed to see this side of Armaggedon.

10.) I saw 9/11.

11.) I saw my entire blocks of my JW family die in the span of 10 years, leaving me to pick up the broken pieces of my confused, sad, heartbroken mind. Why does YHWH allow all of this to continue on?

12.) I saw most everyone I grew up with as a JW (that are my age) leave their JW upbringing behind and go out into the real world. Only a very select few of the braindead, brainwashed, lower IQ ones whom were raised by tyrant Elder fathers and/or pioneer mothers stay in. They are like zombies now with no individuality or personalities of their own. I'm totally serious on this one.....it's down right scary.

13.) I saw the end of the "Book Study" something that when I was growing up was talked about as the only important meeting and quite possibly the only one we could attend during the Great Tribulation. They even practiced with special passwords in the 70's. I remember my now father talking about it. Unbelievable.

14.) I see the iron-fisted, rigid, heartless way in which the WT taps around the blood issue and also the handling of just about any questions now. The policy when confronted with anything is to ask, "Do you believe the F&DS is God's sole channel of truth to mankind on earth?" If you dance around this, you're disfellowshipped, end of story. So much for being flexible, huh? Can you feel the Christ-like love oozing from this religion?

This has been a summary. I could go on and on. The JW's talk of progressive light, and now the new catch phrase is "refinement". Yeah, I have to say that in my short time on this earth, the religion that I grew up with has now been "refined" into something I barely recognize from when I was a child. The promises that were made to my family and I have not been fulfilled as the WT promised. It's always the same with them...."The End is soooo close.....just a little while longer.....attend all the meetings and go out in the Field Ministry more, don't question the food from the Faithfull and Discreet Slave....more, more, more......over, and over, and over again.

My question to any of you reading this is: If you are eating food at a table in the dark, how are you to tell if it has become spiritually rotten? No one asks that question because they aren't allowed to.

• Barbro

Growing up as a JW, they have seen so many get disfellowshiped over that time that they don't want to lose their family over leaving or getting into trouble. If they have the chance to actually choose, and not have to be broken hearted by leaving their family then they more than likely would go another way. Catholics have also put pressure on their kids about continuing to be Catholic. Most of who stay know no other belief, and some that look around won't find anywhere they fit in after being raised Jeh Wit. I fully believe that anyone that is new or raised in the JEH WIT religion should be fully aware of the conscequenses of what would happen should they chose to leave and what can cause them a disfellowshipping and be old enough to make that choice. To join the army you have to be 18 in the states. It should be that way for them since they hold such cruel punishment for people who leave or get into trouble.

Well they've Witnessed stupidity....Midland W.A. I was thrown to the street by the Christian's there and No the Jehovah's Wit's knew and ignored me...Excommunicated for divorcing a Jezebel 8 years. I don't fit the mold ! I speak in Tongues and interpret fluently BUT none of them like that apparently if you speak in Tongues YOU should Be Quiet.

Nothing pertaining to the truth about God that's for sure. They may get only a few things partially right but most all other areas they fail miserably.

Today the fraudulent witnesses that I had to go to court against LOST! No, I did not thank Jehovah, but I THANKED "GOD".. thank you God for blessing me to win yet again against these hypocrites!

All the forgeries, the lies, the conspiracy, they lost miserably and were angry about it but I also got them on camera too so they cannot lie that they were not in court! God is great; he is so good and I thanked and thanked him and meanwhile the main hypocritical witch just sat on the witness stand and lied and lied... it all backfired in her face. That's a Jehovah's Witness for ya; a stone face liar! I was so ashamed of her.

No I am not gloating but these folks are not from God at all and will lie for ill-gotten gain and to hurt their fellow brother or sister.

Occasionally reports come to the Society from individual brothers or from congregations showing that some dishonest, immoral persons have slipped into the congregation. (Jude 4) It is clear how to deal with immoral ones, but what about people who go around preying on their brothers, or who appear to be brothers merely for the purpose of taking money, who are as the psalmist says: “The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again”? (37:21) What can be done about them?

If a brother in his love and kindness allows another who appears to be a brother to have some of his money or material things for a time and then the borrowing individual, after the time agreed upon has elapsed, refuses to pay back, the brother who made the loan can go to the one who took the money or materials and ask him to make full return. It is proper to go to your brother when you have anything against him and speak to him. (Matthew 18:15-17)

“Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.

Do tax collectors get taken to court or do they conspire and force the innocent party to take them to court? Trouble is, when I went to the congregation [elders] they did nothing, but one yelled at me and the others said "Imo do dis and dat", but nothing was done. Good ole boy network steadily working allowing the wolves to devour what is from God?

God is good and has helped me prevail over these hypocrites time and time again since I have realized this cult is simply big business.

We have witnessed the goodness of Jehovah. That his rule is to be preferred over man's rule. That Satan is a liar and that all his wicked system deserves to be destroyed along with him. That only Jehovah can rule mankind in a way that will make everyone happy.

• jen

JESUS THE FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS,THE BEGINNING OF THE CREATION

BY GOD [ Rev.3:12,14 ]:

Did Jesus mention Abel, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve

tribes of Israel, Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon, Daniel, his God

and Father or Satan the Devil, his 12 apostles and Mary?

WITNESS GENESIS TO REVELATION [ Matt.1:1-17 to Rev.1:1-3,5 ]:

His God and Father, Matt.6:6-13; 22:37-40, John 17:1-26,20:17.

Satan, Matt.4:1-11.

Abel, Matt.23:35.

John 5:46 For had ye believed

Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Noah, Matt.24:37.

John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father.

Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do

the works of Abraham.

Matt.8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east

and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob,

in the kingdom of heaven.

The twelve tribes of Israel, Matt.19:28.

John 4:5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar,

near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

David, Matt.22:42-44;

Solomon, Matt.6:29.

Daniel, Matt.24:15.

Disciples and mother of Jesus in care of a disciple. John 19:26,27.

For Bible sttudents, bible is bible and religion is religion.

WITNESS OF 1870 CE TO 1914 CE TO 1931 TO 1938, 39-45, TO 2009 CE?

Since they are publishers who also study world event in harmony with things that are under consideration, its a record.

Source(s): Bible. World History.
  • NMB

You are attempting to limit what the word "witness" means.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/witness

1: attestation of a fact or event : testimony2: one that gives evidence ; specifically : one who testifies in a cause or before a judicial tribunal3: one asked to be present at a transaction so as to be able to testify to its having taken place4: one who has personal knowledge of something5 a: something serving as evidence or proof : sign b: public affirmation by word or example of usually religious faith or conviction <the heroic witness to divine life — Pilot>6capitalized : a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses

• Keema

Christians are supposed to be witnesses for Jesus.

If the JW's really want to get it right and know the truth, then it is all about Jesus.

I am a Christian, not one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and The only thing I can say is, Question It All needs to get best answer on this one. He has got the whole spirit of the question and answered it from the heart, a spirit directed heart, the type the Jehovah's Witnesses will never have unless they walk in his shoes and learn to question it all!!!

Me opening the door in my underwear. As a whole the group has revolutionized evangelizing tactics as a whole. Everyone knows that word of mouth is one of the most effective forms of advertising there is. As far as their practices and dogma,just like any christian group are right about some things and way off the mark in others. I stand in awe before such enthusiasm and dedication to convince the world of whatever their agenda is about. Now can you please stop knocking at my door! I have a hangover!!!

i am a witness, and a true witness, but there are indeed various levels of what a true witness is, from least to great.

i dont think there is a true prophet in the whole church but the whole church itself has much discipline in study of the scriptures. i think their witness is based on the reasoning of men and scriptures and not the holy ghost.

but one of the biggest handicapps they have is the 144 thousand, where in the bible it literally says they are all male virgins. while ive seen testimony that they have females who claim this.

one reply is that the verse is Symbolic not literal.

i beg to differ

i asked a similar question and received a few good answers

but anything other than seeing jesus is not being a witness of christ or of his glory. however, even if a person experiences the least of miracles they can say they are witnesses to the miracle which proves their is a God. or Jesus.

not seeing Jesus but having a prayer answered immediately also qualifies as a Least of all witnesseses. but its still a testimony and a witness.