LGBT: Have you read (or heard) Pennsylvania senator John Eichelberger's comment?

I'm just curious, because I haven't seen it pop up here at all. On Friday, PA senator John Eichelberger made some comments on a radio show that were shocking (to say the least).

The transcripts (and in some cases audio clips) of the back and forth popped up on some sites and I read about it on Monday.

http://www.towleroad.com/2009/06/pa-senator-eichel...

What is your take on this person?

Thank you for the link, Daniel M. I haven't been able to listen to it (as my provider doesn't seem to want to load the page at the moment) but it's good to have it available for others to hear.

Best Answer

Wow, so marriage is a reward now? This guy is a huge @ss.

I'd like to point out that the interviewer, Leach, did not bring up gay marriage. He only asked the stability in gay couples. It seems to me like he doesn't seem like gay people can be couples, but only a "sexual practice." He is clearly uneducated about LGBT people, but for whatever reason he's a senator despite his lousy knowledge of roughly 10% of the American community. I wouldn't vote for this guy.

He also compares gay couples to polygamy, who apparently marry younger people more and more. They are totally unrelated.

How are homosexual relationships dysfunctional? He doesn't even know anything about gay people, which can be proven by his two statements before that one. So how can he decide whether or not our relationships are dysfunctional? He probably doesn't even know a gay person. You can tell by what he says that he is unsure of himself too.

And I guess our existence is good enough. We should be glad we exist? This implies that we are a second-class citizen. And we're not. We're minorities.

What special designation is he talking about? Gay marriage isn't a design. Marriage already exists. The only thing that separates same-sex marriage and heterosexual marriage is gender.

This guy is a huge loser. I hope no one votes for him next election.

i am from philadelphia and i disagree with the whole pennsyltucky remark lol. i dont know anyone in new york who has ever said that either lol. pennsylvania has a pretty tolerant population, just the government is wack. like that stephen friend guy who i despise so much. and frank rizo, ever since he died, thats when i got on stephen friends @ss lol. philly though isnt tolerant, but thats probably just because im from an angry, little place called fish town, they dont hate u cuz ur gay, they just hate EVERYONE and are using that word and a few other ones as an excuse to hate u even more.

i hate people in the PA government they all suck. most pennsylanians are pretty liberal though from what i hear, but the one place i lived in was really homophobic. all my other family members tell its mostly liberal, middel class people out of philly now. way way way out there though, u got those hill billys who live on farms in the woods and hunt for all there food. those guys are crazy but a very very small percent of our population lol.

I just found this out myself and am completely appalled; I've been compared to pedophilia, bestiality, incest and polygamy that is not new. But I have never been told I was being allowed to live, that is one for the books.

To Daniel M.: I take it your from New Jersey. I think your statement can be followed up by saying that is the pot calling the kettle black. Your generalization on Pennsylvanians has as much hold as mine on Joilfinerians don't you think.

well i wouldnt expect pa to allow same sex marriage anyways.

he is an @$$.

but daniel m, not everyone is pa is an effing hillbilly. u live 10 miles from pa so ur going to make a generalization about the whole state? wow good one.

Source(s): resident of PA

I am about to piss off a lot people with this answer, but sometimes the truth hurts!

Literally living 10 miles from the PA/NY border, I have to deal with people from Pennsylvania all the time. And there is a reason why around here PA is known not as Pennsylvania, but Pennsyltucky.

They are the most ignorant, classless people we here in NY have ever met! At least the hillbillies of Kentucky and Tennessee know they're hillbillies and freely admit it, but people living in PA just have no clue whatsoever about anything!

So it is no surprise to me that some douchebag Pennsyltucky senator doesn't have a clue what he's saying or even what he's talking about. He's just like every other Pennsyltuckian!

EDIT: I said I was going to piss people off!

Source(s): http://www.whyy.org/podcast/061909_100630.mp3 Here is the actual news program.
  • Lynn C

What an ***. Hope he keeps to his end of the gene pool and stays away from the rest of humanity.

Just another fruitcake hiding behind religion. I just wish religious people could learn to practice what they preach.

• joe o

Wow... It is so nice of him to allow us to exist. Thanks Senator Eichelberger for not killing me. I owe you one.

I can not believe that bigoted idiots like this exist...

OK I"M NOT EVEN GOING TO FINISH READING THAT DAMN THING!!!

I'm taping a picture of that guy on my punching bag seriously

It pisses me off when people are that damn ignorant...

• Bob T

that's really interesting, you would think that he would get some reconditionnation wide, thanks for educating me!