Why do some dark skinned muslim women have dyed finger tips?

Which country would these women be from?

Update:

But it has no design , it's just the fingertips dyed in solid colours. And only some women have it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

'they' are not restricted to a country, muslims are spread out everywhere. in my country, Nigeria, it is called 'Laila' and is used to draw designs on their skin..almost like a tattoo, but using natural products (like flowers). however, over time it stains the fingertips (which is used in mixing or applying), giving it a usually reddish/coloured tinge.

• 4 years ago

Absolutely everyone needs to live in a fantastic residence with trendy and unique construction and if you are one of those individuals and you have the area and time to do your personal landscaping why don’t you make your ideal operate with a whole lot of help from right here https://tr.im/k21A4 , the manual from Ideas 4 Landscaping.

This 1 stop database of in excess of 7000 substantial resolution pictures and ideas was designed by Helen Whitfield , a landscaping extraordinaire , educator , with above twenty many years encounter designing AWARD-WINNING landscapes and being featured in a lot of magazines and publications , she envisions this collection as a design and style package ideal for newcomers

• 5 years ago

ok, when you are spending time with your son take him outside. (for an hour or so) Maybe if you have a porch/deck you can sit up there reading magazines and your son playing with toys. (That way you are spending time with your child and getting some sun) Also you can (if you have an outdoor set of furniture) have lunch if you're not working and still, you are spending time with your son and actually getting sun. Hope I helped! EDIT: Oh.... lol ok. Um since you cant go outside then your going to have to buy the spray tan. (Although if its not properly done then you turn orange... lol) But then if you go to a salon they can watch your child and still get the spray tan. (And its done by a proffesional too) ~Darcy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's henna, and women usually only do it when they're getting married, and they also draw designs on their hands along with the finger tips or when it's a holiday like Eid when you dress up and stuff.

sometimes people will do it just for fun.

Source(s): I'm Pakistani.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's henna, like they put patterns on their hands or dye their fingertips usually for special holidays. India and surrounding countries.

• 1 decade ago

any country really

it's henna..they like the way it looks..and all types of muslim, mainly south east asian women have dyed fingertips...again, they just like the way it looks.

• well im indian... and i know we use HENNA, its like dye for your hands.. to draw like designs.. its just like a fashion kind of thing.

• 1 decade ago

lol prolly usa

• 4 years ago

cause they stupid

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.