I am kind of unclear as to how the Jews of the Holocaust ended up in Israel?

I apparently missed learning this detail, not sure how, but I would like to figure out what the relationship is between the Jews of Germany and Poland and the other areas Hitler went after, and Israel. Someone said to me a long time ago that after the Holocaust, they just dumped a lot of the surviving Jews in... show more I apparently missed learning this detail, not sure how, but I would like to figure out what the relationship is between the Jews of Germany and Poland and the other areas Hitler went after, and Israel. Someone said to me a long time ago that after the Holocaust, they just dumped a lot of the surviving Jews in Israel even though that wasn't their original home, and that's why the Israeles and the Jews fight...if I sound completely confused, that's because I am. I never ask anyone because I am too ashamed to admit my lack of knowledge, so if you have the means to clear me up on this, I am all ears. Thanks so much.