L.T.M.
L.T.M. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What would you Obama supporters say to this Iranian dissident?

For the record, I've kept my mouth shut about this until I heard Obama's press conference. My reaction was much like this man's.

Key Iranian Dissident Riled at Obama's Approach

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:13 PM

By: Kenneth R. Timmerman

A key Iranian dissident tells Newsmax he was stunned when he heard President Barack Obama tell reporters that, despite government's brutal crackdown in Tehran, the Islamic Republic has time to regain “legitimacy” in the eyes of the Iranian people.

“I was hoping President Obama would lead the world and start a boycott of Iranian oil,” said former presidential candidate and opposition activist Mohsen Sazegara. “This is the best way to save the lives of the Iranian people.”

Instead, Sazegara told Newsmax, he listened to Obama’s news conference on Tuesday with a sense of disbelief.

It's "not too late for the Iranian government to see there is a peaceful path that leads to legitimacy in the eyes of the Iranian people,” Obama told reporters when asked for his reaction to the violence in Iran.

Sazegara, who was involved in the reform movement in the 1990s but eventually left Iran after the reformist government jailed him, said he listened to Obama with a sense of “deep, deep, deep regret. I never expected President Obama to say something like that.”

“I had been expecting Obama to say we promise the people of Iran we won’t deal or negotiate with any government that does not represent the majority of the people in Iran. I had expected him to be very clear.”

http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/Obama_Iran_dissid...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know they sent gangs of thugs with razors and axes to cut up and terrorize those protesters. Thousands are now jailed. They're beating them into submission. Reeducating them. Can someone explain to me why we should ever sit down at a negotiating table with those responsible for this?

I'm the opposite of a bleeding heart liberal but we've just witnessed what amounts to child abuse and I expected some outrage from our Commander in Chief!

Baltimore - That argument is getting very stale. Time for some new talking points.

This is a whole new generation of young people. They're trying to reform their government. More freedom. More human rights. It's not that complicated. They don't deserve to be beaten and killed in the streets for speaking out.

"The Boycott" would not be to keep their oil out of the U.S. It would be to keep the oil from Leaving Iran!

Thanks folks. We need to protect our second amendment right like wolverines!!!

Best Answer

they just want everyone to just stop talking about it before everybody learns about context, like Jeremiah Wright's buddies Hamas and Hezbollah helping the regime to shoot dissidents, just like they did for Ceausescu (one of Arafat's mentors) in 1989. Also the lefties don't want people to get a bad impression of stuff like the red-black alliance.

When a wise experienced hunter walks the ground in the forest, he

becomes one with his surroundings. He knows the sights the sounds

the smells and most of all the mind set of the target he is in pursuit

of. Obama knows nothing of the forest, For he see's only one tree.

He stomps around the ground making enough noise for an army to

make. He does this for simple reasons, He knows not what to do.

He figures if he just makes noise and enough of it. He will drive his

prey out into the open. However all he does is confuse himself and

think what he is doing is right, Mean while his objective slips away.

Or gets into position to become the hunter. This is a very unwise

man, He would not put much food on the table in a time of need.

Inexperience canno't be compensated for by ignorance in one

thinking they know more than they really do. He is useless.

I think its sad that our president does not want to get involved with supporting Mohsen Sazegara, who from what little I have read and heard about him is a true patriot for democracy in Iran. I am not asking why Obama does not support him, I can rightfully guess why. Our president is more concerned over oil, than he is over the freedom. Funny, that’s exactly what the liberal mind set concluded about George Bush.

But you know what ? Bush did something about the tyrannical dictatorship of Iraq, didn’t he, were Obama is doing nothing. Not even a boycott.

• canam

The whole world can now see that Obama not only lacks the experience to be president, he also lacks the tenacity. How can anyone feel safe from terrorists when Obama wants to coddle them. He cant even call a war a war-instead he calls it a contingency. He is making more and more people look at Bush with respect. He may somehow relate what is going on in Iran to what will go on here once he becomes supreme ruler with no term limits.

Actually... I am an Obama supporter and I do believe my answer did not say anything about Hitler being dead. Sorry, just pointing that out. Same answer stands for the Iranian President. He is not evil, just not the same as us, he would probably not condone humility towards evil, if Obama (or anyone) actually was humble towards it (which they don't).

I'd invite him to talk to some other Iranian people who appreciate the support and empathy of the American people, but who do NOT want the US government to interfere (again... Google "Operation Ajax"). On behalf of the US, Obama did recently (finally) "fess up" to US interference in Iran's democracy by overthrowing their democratically elected leader to install the Shah of Iran. Imagine how hypocritical and disingenuous the US would appear if, on the heels of finally acknowledging a 50 year old "US intervention", the US were to interfere now.

If this is any indication of overall opinion of McCain in Iran, it would seem that the Iranian people are not so easily fooled as some here in the US.

"The Iranians know Senator John McCain as the man who sang “Bomb, bomb Iran” during the elections of last year. The man holds no credibility as far as supporting Iranians or seeming like he’s got the best interests of the Iranians at heart."

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/22/after_a_day_...

Source(s): -- The Roots of Radical Islam: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/27b/067.html -- American Thinking About Violence in the Middle East http://repositories.cdlib.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?...

I am not one bit surprised at Obama's reaction to this. In fact it would have surprised me if he had shown any strength in supporting the people of Iran. He is weak and timid when it comes to dealing with our enemies- wants to sit down for tea. He is much more focused on socializing this country, Government Health care, Amnasty, Cap & Trade, taking our guns, our constitutional rights away etc. To those who voted for him I hope you are happy with the hope & change you are getting!

What can one expect from someone who voted present over 180 times.

This is the exact same non committed action one has learned to

expect from Obama. He would rather straddle a fence, Then have to

defend the rights of freedom. He is showing us in this country why we

need to run like hell if we should ever be in trouble. For he won't stand

up against the bad guys while they smoke our ***. I am ashamed

to even think this fool of a inexperienced empty suit, could call himself

President of the United States. He is useless.

• ATJ

Don't forget that Obama invited the Iranian gov. to attend 4th July at the American Embassy now if that is not a slap in the Iranian's face as well as ours since July 4th represents independence and freedom to America. What an idiotic thing to do!!!!!

Obama`s Knowledge on world affairs is limited to street corner community organizing ! Why do you think Obama appoints so many "czars"? He appoints them in all the fields he is ignorant on ! So now Obama has more than 50 "czars" appointed that covers his azz on the 50 separate issues he knows nothing about ! Czar`s don`t have to be confirmed by Congressional hearings , and they only answer to Obama ! Therefore when one of Obama`s "czars" makes a decision , it must go through Obama , making sure that he can take credit for the decision if it goes well , if the decision doesn`t go well then Obama blames the "czars" !

Source(s): As for Obama`s official position on the Iran crisis , Obama has voted "PRESENT" once again !!

Obama disappointed a Key Iranian Dissident, millions of Americans were disappointed before that and I'm sure that billions will be disappointed before he's through.

One thing the world should know by now... You can't count on the Bomber.

Source(s): Life in Amerika