Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should it be illegal to burn a confederate flag?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No this is a free country and you could burn any flag you want but no matter what anybody says about the confederacy that they are traitors and rednecks they were just seeking to preserve their way of life and the only way they could achieve that is by a Civil war, doesnt that say something about your beloved America? Most of you ignorant low lifes have no idea what that flag stands for and why people still fly it today. If you burn that flag you might aswell be buning the American flag.

Source(s): ze me
  • 1 decade ago

I was taught that burning a flag, Properly folded and saluted when put on the fire, is the ONLY proper way to dispose of a worn out flag.

You NEVER just put it in the garbage.

But I suspect you are referring to setting a flag on fire that is hung from a staff, the way commie liberals did in the late 60's and they do in France and Iran and Venezuela and Cuba and all our other NEW allies.

The Confederate States Of America no longer exits, so while burning their Flag is as Disrespectful as burning a USSR or Burmese Flag, it should NOT be illegal, it is simply in poor taste, as is the proud display of the same Flag.

It should be illegal to display it ABOVE the American Flag, and all other forms of display, except in remembrance of our history, are simply moronic.Like in the back of a mud covered pickup truck, being held down by cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon? Not illegal, just stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. There is no Confederate States of America. If there were, and in that country they made the burning of the flag illegal, then it would be illegal to do so. But, since there isn't and they haven't, it is not.

In fact, I am going to go out and burn a confederate flag tonight!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It shouldn't be illegal to burn any flag. The funny thing is that flag burners really think they accomplish something by burning flags and equally humorous are the people who react to those idiots by being idots themselves.

Burn away..it accomplishes nothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Bud, im from KY. Ok, i have a confederate flag.

And its not illegal to burn old glory is it?

Oh, and Bitter Taco has no idea what the flag means.

• 1 decade ago

This is America, burn any flag you would like. However, I would suggest starting with that what that has the cross on it. That Christian flag is just ridiculous, have they started their own nation or something?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It should be illegal to burn anyone's flag.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should be able to burn anything including flags, crosses and enemy combatants

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, should it be illegal to burn a Nazi germany flag? i mean both of them tried to destroy america

Source(s): education
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It shouldn't be illegal to burn anything that is your property.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.