Can a company bond&insure an independent contractor?

I'm just not sure how this works: I work for a small company (only make $10 per visit) and I do a lot of unpaid running around and unpaid consultations and non reimbursed expenses. The company considers us few employees and independent contractors obviously. My questions are: does this seem like a fair... show more I'm just not sure how this works:

I work for a small company (only make $10 per visit) and I do a lot of unpaid running around and unpaid consultations and non reimbursed expenses. The company considers us few employees and independent contractors obviously.

My questions are: does this seem like a fair money making set up? I feel like I am making no money because of all the milage/gas/and unpaid activities for only $10/a visit (average about $300/mo). Also, the company is bonded and insured and does that even cover independent contractors?
1 answer 1