Weight loss tips for a 15-year old girl?

I'm fifteen years old, soon to be sixteen, and I weigh 184 lbs. I want to lose weight before my next year of High School, because I've always wanted to be skinny. My problem is that my mother is never home to cook meals, and I don't know how to cook too well, so she always brings home dinner. Therefore, I love fast foods and I would still like to eat them, just not as much(so now I make what I can at home and eat out only on weekends). I'm pretty good when it comes to snacking, because I eat these 40 cal puddings that I can make myself. I go walking almost every morning with my best friend for about an hour and thirty minutes.

I'm a picky eater, so I need help. I also live in a bad area, so exercising is not always an option. However, I really want to lose weight for good and I'll try nearly anything this time around. I need tips, maybe healthy recipes I can learn to cook, and low calorie GOOD snacks I can have instead of what I usually eat. Please give me advice. I'm just a teenage girl that wants to look thin.

Favorite Answer

Hey hun, I understand your struggle to want to become healthier. Americans in general are growing larger due to the conveinence of fast food, and ready-made meals.

When you have time, do some research on easy & healthy snacks and meals to make at home. Instead of eating the puddings, you should switch to jello. Jello is a lot less fattening. Switch to drinking water (tap or bottled) , and if you happen to get a sugar craving for something sweet, then just buy some flavored water, or a sports drink like gatorade or powerade.

Elimate FROZEN dinners, and pre-packaged meals. Easy things to make at home for someone young, Sandwhichs, Oatmeal, Rice, Vegetables (canned, frozen, or fresh.....canned vegetables are cheap and super easy to heat up), and eat plenty of Fruit (fruit generally is considered as a snack, and they are SWEET and help keep you away from unhealthy sweets) Just make sure if you eat canned fruit, that you try to avoid the stuff that is heavy in the syrup, try to look for "light syrup", or eat dried fruits with nuts (they have several different types of trail mixes...however if you eat trail mixes, avoid the ones with the m&m's and other candies)

DONT eat fast food unless you have too! If you know your parents or yourself are going to Mcdonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC...etc...go online to their website, and they have nutritional information of their foods....look up the one with the least amount of Calories and Sat Fat! ( http://www.helpguide.org/life/fast_food_nutrition.... ) is a good idea to visit

EXERCISE!

One tip for exercise, continue walking daily (if it is safe to do so)...If exercising isn't the best choice where you live, and you have no access to a gym membership, then you can buy things to do at home. You can get a jump rope and make it a hobby to jump, you can always use canned foods as weights to exercise with.

Hope this helps, if you want any more tips feel free to email me @ hebdomad@hotmail.com

Congratulations on taking steps to improve your health and your overall well-being! There are many tips that can be used everyday to assist in weight loss and improving heath.

Drink plenty of water. Your body will store water which will appear as excess weight on your body if it feels you are not consuming enough. If you drink plenty of water, your body will not store as much water because it anticipates that you keep it hydrated.

Eat multiple small meals during the day. Never skip breakfast. Eating breakfast will get your metabolism going for the day and will aid in burning off calories faster when you eat. Small meals during the day keep you from being hungry and therefore will prevent you from over-eating when you have a larger meal like dinner.

Don't stress! You are young and there are many worries about weight and appearance. Love yourself and know that weight loss is the result of not only changing your lifestyle and eating habits but also not stressing about results. When we stress it can lead to impulse-eating, and decrease the body's ability to burn fat.

Excercise everyday for at least 10 mins. For at least 10 mins a day get your sweat on! You want an elevated heart rate (proper for your age and weight). You dont need a gym or equipment to do this, be creative. Jog, jump in place, hula hoop, jump rope etc. for 10 min.

Here is a website that is free and will help you to read tips, track and monitor your progression while on your weight loss journey.

SPARKPEOPLE.CPM

Source(s): www.sparkpeople.com

work out put some music on your ipod if u have one and take a run to somewhere at least once a day. im 15 and my weight is 115 and im a picky eater 2, but now i eat healthy foods, for instance if you want a snack eat the 100 calories packs cookies i eat them they are good and they dont do much ask ur mom if u can go to the gym if u cant walking and exercising and eating the right food are also a good way to eat when ur mom goes food shooping go with her to buy the right food to eat.... goood luckk p.s. drink lots of water

you dont need anything complicated or a miracle.

first you need lots of motivation and consistency. if you give up within the first 2 weeks then your not going to be happy.

okey eat 6 small meals a dya like breakfast,snakc lunch,snack dinner, snack. this speeds up you metabolsim

for fast results elimanate all sodas all sugars and reduce fat and carbs.

dotn eat stuff like white brad of pasta. if you eat bread eat whole wheat. that says its lal natural

calories per slice should not be more than 70

next thing you need to do is drink tons of water drink 2 liters of water per day it will really help you lose weight.it will also flush out all the toxins out of your body. rmeber our body is made up of so much water so you need to drink tons of water to help you body function proerly.

you need to get at least 8 hours of sleep which will contribute to weightloss when you rest because thats when your cells repair and etc. etc..

about what to eat. ok reading the label is great. make sure you eat small portioned meals. have at least 2 fruits per day and try to have a protien in each meal.

a sample meal may look like this.

breakfast- apple,out meal, water

snack- cherrys

lunch - salad,water,

snack- 2 egg whites

dinner- green veggies stemaed with tuna

snack- water and tomatoe soup

remeber all these are very small portions

do a cardio workout like running/jogging 5 times a week for al least 30 minutes

and lift weight 3 times a week this will get u toned

good luck

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

*No drink such as cans, pop, milk(except low fat or soymilk),beers, tea(unless no milk and sugar), coke or even diet coke!

*Only drink water, at least 8 glass of water per day.

*Only eat 2 meal per day

*No eating during 09:00pm or above.

*If u not vegetarian then try eat 1/3 veg per meal

*More fruit.

*No sweet, salt thing like candy or crisp.

*Oh try carrots stick with homous, they are pretty nice.

*At least 1 hour for execrise/workout each day, recommend 2 hours.

*Try to not sit much as possible.

*No fast food, pizza, takeaways..

If you can do them, it should take about 2 or 3 months.. and you will become thin.

Do 45 minutes cardio workouts a few times a week

lift weights

eat fruit instead of drinking fruit juice

Find the right diet for your individual body because there are many ways are there to lose weight just find what works for you