Anyone who owns Japanese Akitas?

I was just wondering if anyone out there owns a Japenese Akita? We are looking to buy one this year from a pup. I have done some research on the dogs and from what i can gather, they are nice dogs that are very protective of their home and family and if raised right, will not be vicious or nasty (unless... show more I was just wondering if anyone out there owns a Japenese Akita?
We are looking to buy one this year from a pup. I have done some research on the dogs and from what i can gather, they are nice dogs that are very protective of their home and family and if raised right, will not be vicious or nasty (unless teased).
We have an 11 month old son at the minute, he will be 1 by the time we have the dog. But the main reason for wanting a puppy is so that it is brought up around my son from a young age.
I would like anymore information that you could give me, and are negative/positie things about these dogs.