Why don't people stay married any more?

I mean what's the point? Couples make their vows before God and people, only to divorce? ( o _ 0 ) I mean it happens but...the time, energy, emotional, and financial investment all leading up to marriage...all gone. In some cases gone in as little as 2 to 5 years. Instead of "for better, or for... show more I mean what's the point? Couples make their vows before God and people, only to divorce? ( o _ 0 ) I mean it happens but...the time, energy, emotional, and financial investment all leading up to marriage...all gone. In some cases gone in as little as 2 to 5 years.
Instead of "for better, or for worse, in sickness and in health" the vows should read "for better and in good health."

Very few people actually live up to the "for worse and in sickness" part. I'm extremely cynical when it comes to today's concept of marriage. I could be wrong but today's generation and subsequent generations don't have what it takes to maintain "true" lasting relationships.
Update: Don't get me wrong, I think marriage is a wondeful thing. My mom often asks me will I marry some day. I can't look her in the eye and say "You want me to marry so that I can end up like you and dad? ( o _ 0 ) How about marrying for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th time?" We all make choices in life. ... show more Don't get me wrong, I think marriage is a wondeful thing. My mom often asks me will I marry some day. I can't look her in the eye and say "You want me to marry so that I can end up like you and dad? ( o _ 0 ) How about marrying for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th time?" We all make choices in life. I understand this. We always have a "choice."
Update 2: eyes. ( ^ _ ^ ) Sorry. My mom has both eyes not to be confused with "cyclops."
LOL!