Would you read this story about fake pregnancy to cover up a rape?

I just came up with this idea and I am looking for some insight on whether or not people would enjoy reading something with this topic.

My idea is that a teenage girl who has never cared about what other people think about her begins to question herself when she fakes a pregnancy and has to deal with the ripple affects of the "pregnancy" including the perceptions of others. The reason she is faking a pregnancy is to take the attention and put it towards herself so that no one notices that her sister( the shyer of the two) is the one who is really pregnant as the result of a rape and so no one notices that her sister isn't seen as much as she was before, including that she drops out of school to home school, as to not be seen.

The story would probably be told from the perspective of the girl faking the pregnancy to show how she changes throughout her "pregnancy" from being very sure of herself to questioning herself because of the situation she is put in.

I am also thinking that the sister faking the pregnancy to protect her sister who was raped, was also raped, but never told anyone about it, and the reason she helps her sister is to help try to spare her from the anguish she went through. The fact that the sister faking the rape would be concealed from the reader and others until the end of the book when it would most likely be revealed when people discover she isnt pregnant.

Any ideas or thoughts on this idea? Would you read something like this or do you think that it is an interesting topic? Any comments or ideas are welcome.

Best Answer

wow...yeah i would definitely buy this book..this is a genius idea...i think you should pursue this idea and write it cuz i actually want to read the book if you write it

I think that it is a great idea and it will be a good story if written well. But try to be wary of people who copy your ideas.

• Lex

Sounds like a good start to me.

And anyone telling you you have to delete this before someone else steals it is out of their minds.

This is an AWESOME idea! Hurry up and delete the question so no one else steals it, dude!!! Email me if you ever get this published! =D

I think that topic has been on the news

several times lately. <}:-})

i think that is very good i would buy it

btw will you help me out and answer my question thxs

~~~Daddy's Baby Girl~~~

that is actually a REALLY good idea! i would definitely read it