Turning 18, never drank before, ideas?

Okay well I've never really drank alcohol before (occasional hot toddy when I'm ill and a bit of my mates drink at prom). I HATE the taste of alcohol but I've decided with some mates to celebrate my 18th with a little alcohol, which was my idea, I'm not being forced into it, by the way. I'd like... show more Okay well I've never really drank alcohol before (occasional hot toddy when I'm ill and a bit of my mates drink at prom). I HATE the taste of alcohol but I've decided with some mates to celebrate my 18th with a little alcohol, which was my idea, I'm not being forced into it, by the way. I'd like to have something small that doesn't get me drunk and doesn't taste like alcohol. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I wouldn't let myself drink a lot anyway.

I'm just wondering what people suggest. I'm leaning towards alcopops but I'm unsure of what to get exactly so I thought I'd ask for some opinions of what to get - nothing too strong. WKD too much? And yes, I'd definitely eat before it. I just want to drink a bit for the celebration that I'm legal. I don't think I'll drink much again after this, but that doesn't mean I want to drink gallons on one night. I think I'm far too sensible that way.

So what alcopops do you recommend, or other drink that have low percentage/units that I might like?

Thanks.