2009 Wimbledon: Who will win (Day 2 Action!)?

Okay, so as we rap up round 1:

Andy Roddick vs Jeremy Chardy (match of the day)

Andy Murray vs Robert Kendrick

Juan Martin Del Potro vs Arnaud Clement (another tough match!)

Gilles Simon vs Bobby Reynolds

Lleyton Hewitt vs Robby Ginepri

Stanislas Wawrinka vs Eduardo SCHWANK

Marat Safin vs Jesse Levine

Dmitry Tursunov vs Mischa Zverev

Women:

Venus Williams vs Stefanie Voegele

Dinara Safina vs Lourdes Dominguez Lino

Caroline Wozniacki vs Kimiko Date-Krumm

Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Akiko Morigami

Jelena Jankovic vs Julia Goerges

Amelie Mauresmo vs Melanie Czink

Alexa Glatch vs Shuai Peng

Jelena Dokic vs Tatjana Malek

Agnieszka Radwanska vs Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (that is like THE most Spanish name ever!)

Samantha Stosur vs Bethanie Mattek-Sands

Nicole Vaidisova vs Rosanna De Los Rios

Kaia Kanepi vs Carla Suarez Navarro (damn!)

God, some people must have slipped in the ranking, because these matches are hard!

Best Answer

Andy Roddick

Andy Murray (I wish Kendrick would beat him though haha)

Juan Martin Del Potro

Gilles Simon

Lleyton Hewitt

Stanislas Wawrinka (LMFAO at his opponent's last name)

Jesse Levine (Lol I don't even think Marat will get past the first round)

Dmitry Tursunov

Women:

Venus Williams

Dinara Safina

Caroline Wozniacki

Svetlana Kuznetsova

Jelena Jankovic

Amelie Mauresmo

Shuai Peng

Jelena Dokic

Agnieszka Radwanska

Samantha Stosur

Rosanna De Los Rios

Carla Suarez Navarro

Too bad I can't even watch like 1/4 of the 2nd day. Stupid school. >:[

Fed in 4 -Soderling's game does not match up well Murray in 3 -Should be relatively easy Verdasco in 4 -Here's where Karlovic's run comes to an end. I was surprised he was able to take out the athletic Tsonga. Verdasco is a great returner and I think he'll pull through in four tight sets Roddick in 4 -Berdych is dangerous, and has more firepower than Andy, but probably doesn't have the consistency to pull the upset Hewitt in 3 -Stepanek's having some fitness problems, and Hewitt would be able to beat him on grass anyways Djokovic in 3 -Novak's hasn't been at his best, and although he said he's liked being under the radar, I think he's itching to prove himself. Has a pretty easy path to the semifinals (yes, I don't believe Haas can beat him over a five-set match) Simon in 4 -Nice to see Ferrero playing well, but I'm afraid his run ends here Haas in 5 -Haas has been a little overrated by some, I mean he nearly blew a two-set lead to Cilic and struggled against some nobody in the first round Mauresmo in 3 -She's done well against Safina in their match ups (4-2), and this being grass (Dinara's weakest surface) helps a lot Venus in 2 -Could be a great match, but could also be a clunker. I don't have too much confidence in someone who struggles with her service toss Dementieva in 2 -Easy win for Elena, who could get even farther with her cushy draw Serena in 2 -Must be the largest possible physical disparity between any two female players on the tour. If Daniela can't beat a banged-up Serena last year, she has no chance against a healthy Serena Petrova in 3 -Petrova knocked out Azarenka out of last year's Wimbledon, and I'm feeling this one will turn out the same Wozniacki in 2 -Sabine took apart a tired Wozniacki in the Charleston final, and I'm sure Caroline is eager to get revenge on a bigger stage Radwanska in 2 -When young players cause big upsets, you rarely see them carry that magic through to consecutive matches Schiavone in 3 -Don't have much of an idea on this one, but I'll go with the Italian

Men:

Roddick in 3 (close sets though)

Murray in 3

Del Potro in 4

Simon in 5 haha (hes not that great in slams except for US)

Hewitt over Ginepri in 4 (my match of the day)

Wawrinka over Shwank in 3

Safin over Levine in 4

Tursonov over Zverev in 5

Women:

Williams over Voegele in 2 (uhm Venus not good on grass? I dont like her but how many times has she won wimbledon again in both singles and dubs?)

Safina in 3

Wozniacki over Krumm in 2 (like both players)

Kuznetsova in 2

Jankovic in 3

Czink in 3 (Mauresmo should retire, like her but shes just bad and old)

Peng in 3

Dokic in 3

Radwanska in 2

Stosur in 3

De Los Rios in 3 (what the heck happened to Vaidasova?!)

Kanepi in 2 (two tie breaks)

Wait, do we really wrap up round 1 this quickly? Don't we still have 1 more day, or did I completely miss something? There are some players I still haven't seen on court....but maybe you're right

ATP

Andy Roddick vs Jeremy Chardy - Chardy has the potential to put up a great fight, but no matter how Jeremy plays Roddick has this one in his hands, Roddick in 3 sets.

Andy Murray vs Robert Kendrick - Lol, I looked up their past meetings and in their first meeting (on grass) Andy Murray gave him a serious beating (6-0 6-0) and the only thing that has changed since then is that the scottish ghost has gotten better. Murray in 3 basic sets.

Juan Martin Del Potro vs Arnaud Clement - I'm sticking with Del Potro to play it safe since I'm not sure how comfortable on grass he really is. Del Potro in 4

Gilles Simon vs Bobby Reynolds - Simon is seriously sucking right now, and I can only guess he doesn't really like grass, but Bobby has been known to be incompetent. Simon in 4

Lleyton Hewitt vs Robby Ginepri - Lleyton is great on grass, so Lleyton in 3

Stanislas Wawrinka vs Eduardo SCHWANK - Why did you capitalize schwank? Wawrinka is cool so for that reason alone I say Wawrinka in 3

Marat Safin vs Jesse Levine - Marat, Marat, Marat, so many points to defend this year, so out of pity I'll say Marat in 4

Dmitry Tursunov vs Mischa Zverev - I've got the feeling that this match has some potential. For some reason I think it could go either way, so I'll say Zverev in 5

WTA

Venus Williams vs Stefanie Voegele - Ummm this one could be close considering neither of them have made a name for themselves on grass, but I'll say Venus in 2.

Dinara Safina vs Lourdes Dominguez Lino?? - Dinara sucks on grass, but she can't suck that bad. Dinara in 2

Caroline Wozniacki vs Kimiko Date-Krumm - Caroline kick her *** so she will retire again! Caroline in 2

Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Akiko Morigami - Who the hell is she!? Svetlana in 2.

Jelena Jankovic vs Julia Goerges - Jelena has been prone to upsets lately and grass is her worst surface but I'll still say Jelena in 3

Amelie Mauresmo vs Melanie Czink - Mauresmo in 2

Alexa Glatch vs Shuai Peng - Young talent Glatch in 3.

Jelena Dokic vs Tatjana Malek - Dokic in 2

Agnieszka Radwanska vs Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez - Oh crap this one is actually tough because Sanchez is a rare leftie serve and volley player....but I'll still say Agnieszka will pull through in 2.

Samantha Stosur vs Bethanie Mattek-Sands - Poor Bethanie is going to get mowed down by Stosur in 2 sets.

Nicole Vaidisova vs Rosanna De Los Rios - Hahaha, I love the second girls name, I can't believe that her name would actually mean in spanish Rosanna of the rivers. Nicole in 3.

Kaia Kanepi vs Carla Suarez Navarro - I don't like Kanepi so I'll say Navarro in 3.

rodnick murray arnrodnick