Who picks the winners for award shows?

And how? You know for the Oscars, Emmys, etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award#Voters

This will tell you what you need to know. It is Wikipedia, but this article happens to be one of the more accurate ones. :)

Most award shows are very similar in how they make their decisions.

Here's another site that might give you some answers:

http://movies.about.com/od/awards/f/oscarvote12250...

Hope this helps.

Source(s): www.wikipedia.org www.about.com
  • 1 decade ago

A committee of old degenerate bastards...that is why the people who should win rarely ever do.

• dibble
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

action picture star of the year: CM Punk..he's the 2d appropriate..yet umm..why isnt the 1st appropriate on the checklist aka Jericho?! John Cena Undertaker Randy Orton CM Punk Diva of the year: Hmm...doesnt remember who i choose for Michelle is gonna win regardless. All Diva's are eligible to win. severe 2d of the year: Kofi Kingston Kofi Kingston's improve Drop on Randy Orton throughout the table. Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb on CM Punk at SummerSlam super tutor chokeslam Cena by using spotlight. Triple H invasion of Orton's domicile Breakout famous man or woman of the year: Umm...Yoshi..in spite of the shown fact that Shemus is gonna win which sucks. Yoshi Tatsu Drew McIntyre Sheamus Abraham Washington Shocker of the year: Batista turning on Rey..didnt see that coming. Batista turning on Rey Orton DDT's Stephanie McMahon CM Punk forces Jeff Hardy to retire on Smackdown Sheamus throws Mark Cuban by using a table Tag team of the year: JeriShow aka the appropriate team ever! in spite of the shown fact that DX will win that's lame. DX JeriShow Hart Dynasty The Legacy experience of the year: Jeff vs. side Jeff Hardy Vs side ladder experience at severe policies John Cena Vs Randy Orton in an I end experience Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels at Mania 25 team uncooked Vs team SD at Bragging Rights uncooked visitor host of the year: Bob Barker The Osbourne's Shaq O'Neal Seth green Bob Barker "Oh My" 2d of the year: HBK superkicking the female, lmao! Funniest element DX did the completed year. Chris grasp's and his dancing p.c.. habitual Santino Marella throwing a pie in Vickie G's face classic Michael Cole vomiting on Jericho at SD Anniversary occasion Shawn Michaels superkicking little female in cafeteria on the hunt for HBK. that is all the expert nominations. provide a splash clarification why you chosen each winner to get greater useful hazard of BA. BQ: value TLC out of 10..? i could value it at 9.5. appropriate PPV of the year IMO...I say TLC grew to become into 7.5

• 1 decade ago

obviously the judges

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

judges

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.