Hank asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Movie killers and mental disorders..?

What mental disorders would you consider the following movie killers to have?

Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Michael Myers (Halloween)

Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)

"John Ryder" (The Hitcher)

Jack Torrance (The Shining)

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal)

Norman Bates (Psycho)

Tom Hanniger (My Bloody Valentine)

Favorite Answer

Most serial killers are diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder, "socipaths."

This is defined, in part, by the DSM as "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood."

Did you know Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter, and Norman Bates are all based off of real life killer Ed Gein?

I would recommend researching him, if you're interested in the subject.

Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees would be hard to classify since there isn't much character analysis.

Haven't seen My Bloody Valentine.

Tom Hanniger was delusional, he was traumatized by Harry Warden.

John Ryder was a sociopath, a sadist obsessed with fear and violence. He was an antisocial person who grew into it at a young age.

Jason Vorhees was deformed, he is retarded. The drowning made his mind go crazier than just a retarded autism child. The only person he could ever talk to was his mom and when she died he goes crazy.

Michael is mentally disturbed, he was abused as a kid and grew into a violence sociopath.

Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates are all based on Ed Gein (real life serial killer) as the person above me already stated.

Jack Torrance suffers from depression and anti-social deviant behavior, he got crazy from the isolation. He was so depressed and feeling dark that he didn't even realize what he was doing, the isolation mentally messed him up.

Yes I agree with what's been said

....