Filing a claim against someone who shipped a sick puppy? PLEASE HELP!?

So the basics of this is - I bought a white boxer puppy for my boyfriend a couple weeks ago and she was shipped from Arkansas. Within 24 hours of receiving the puppy she became very ill and since I previously worked with a vet I knew it was severe kennel cough, so we took her to the vet and low and behold it was... show more So the basics of this is - I bought a white boxer puppy for my boyfriend a couple weeks ago and she was shipped from Arkansas. Within 24 hours of receiving the puppy she became very ill and since I previously worked with a vet I knew it was severe kennel cough, so we took her to the vet and low and behold it was indeed kennel cough, which can be very dangerous for dogs let alone 9 week-old puppies.

The vet said there was absolutely no way she received kennel cough within the 48 hours she was with us and it had to have come from the breeders. So on top of the $700 I had just paid for the dog I was then paying for a vet bill of $150 for medications plus they still would like her to come in for x-rays because not only did she have kennel cough but she was and still is malnourished.

I filed a claim through paypal letting them know exactly what occurred these past couple weeks with the puppy and what I was promised i.e. AKC certified/shots up to date/ healthy puppy... which have all been compromised. The breeder sent out registration papers for AKC certification but failed to let me know it was my responsibility to register the puppy, the breeder sent out her shot records and there are parts that are blacked out in permanent ink, which seems entirely too sketchy, and obviously the puppy was extremely sick upon arrival.

The breeder has implied that it's the airlines fault for the kennel cough and I should take it up with them.... on what planet would a single puppy on a plane get kennel cough within 3 hours of travel time? Kennel cough comes from other dogs plus the vet said she had to have had it a week prior because it was so bad when she got here.

The breeder also told me that she spoke with a vet in Arkansas about my statement implying she was malnourished and the vet told her that the puppy would grow out of it... what vet would ever say a puppy would grow out of malnourishment???

Paypal closed the claim because it wasn't an ebay item so I don't know where to go about from here? I am so disappointed that a human being would ship out an animal in such a condition then claim that it was the airlines fault. Plus I went on their website again after the fact and it's obvious they are running a puppy mill, they could care less what condition the dog is in as long as they get paid.

Lucky for me they aren't too bright and I have all their emails saved, where they state things that are only digging them deeper in a hole.

If anyone has ideas of what I should do please let me know... I would like to report them too so suggestions on that would be great!

Thanks everyone