What exactly does "exotic looking" mean?

Who is considered exotic and who isn't? Some people seem to think that a person looks "exotic" if they have dark hair, or if they have an accent. Some think that black or Asian people are exotic, some don't. People throw the term around all of the time, what do they mean by it? I'm German, can people from my country be considered "exotic" looking?

Best Answer

I am exotic.

Source(s): professional chinese geisha beating dominatrix fa-mulan and all of her counterparts.

Exotic means that something is strange and foreign to what someone usually sees. For example if I, a black girl, went to Poland I would be exotic to the people there. The same way a person of Polish descent would be exotic to the natives of Vietnam or Nigeria.

I dont think theres certain races listed under the words exotic. Theres a difference of looking exotic and being exotic. Here in america, exotic features are those who have pronoucned european feautures or asian feautures, african features, etc. There is so much contrast between amercians & people from other countries. Look at Emily Browning & look at Miley Cyrus or Emily Osment. Can you see the differnec of what would be considerend exotic? Emily Browning is an australian..she has features that many females would love to have themselves. But people question if she is of an asian race because her look is so distintive. Miley Cyrus is pretty but average looking at the same time. Maybe in China, she'd be considered exotic because there arent many girls who look like her...........get what I mean? I think being exotic looking is when someone who looks attractive yet drastically different from the rest. No particular race or anything.

• Matrix

Exotic simply means something unusual. In Germany an Ethiopian woman would be considered exotic. In Turkey a Scandinavian woman would be considered exotic. A bronze skinned Brazilian woman would be considered exotic in the US or the UK. Just a few examples, but none are set in stone.

Being exotic is not exclusive to certain races. I'm a dark skinned Black man. if I moved to Norway I'm considered exotic, as far as how I relate to the general population based on my race/ethnicity.

Exotic means you look different, but in a mysterious and sexy way. Hispanics, Middle Eastern and mixed people are usually considered the most exotic looking.

• .

being exotic means rare. something you don't usually see. sometimes it's associated with being attractive...who is considered exotic? anyone...it depends on the person who says it. like for example... you're German..a person from Asia may find you exotic because they're not used to seeing your kind and perhaps may find your features attrative while a person from Europe may find a Hawaiian person exotic...it's just something they're not used to seeing. For me I find bi-racials/multi-racials exotic...exp. the ones with rare mixes. Not all of us see the same type of people exotic...

Exotic looking means looking as though you are from the Caribbean,

Source(s): babeguhh♥

Exotic is different.But in a good way.Typically,people from Asia,Latin America and Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean are exotic

Yes some germans are exotic

And people who are multiracial or bi-racial who have unique looks are exotic

• .

White isn't exotic. Exotic is something rare and unique and white too overexposed in the media to seem rare OR unique.

Source(s): Every magazine cover, every tv show, every commercial, ect.