Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Hey African Americans out there, do you know why the Republican Party was formed?

Update:

of so please - do tell, the year and the reason just a quickie -

and if you need a min to google that is cool, or a simple yes or no. Just figured Informed is better than indoctrinated

Update 2:

hey Derek for a History buff your a dink - it was not a liberal party it was the conservative party

Update 3:

obama is a ter ror ist and he proves it more and more very day

Update 4:

yeah pretty much just looking for folks of my color to answer - since we are so big on heritage and such

Update 5:

Oh :0 your so smart Kiss kiss

Update 6:

yeah cause if you look at my profile and go to my blog it really is not me - try being informed then speak - I know logic and facts is not the strong suite for the left but just try it for me you may like it

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://www.ushistory.org/gop/origins.htm

James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce were true democrats. Democrats are EXACTLY the same today. Obama refuses to use the word "terrorist". The party has a history of being on the WRONG SIDE. They always side with guilty people. Much like obama is a muslim "sympathizer" who refuses to acknowledge that their ideology teaches and spreads TERRORISM. They FORCE people to be muslims. They force woman to wear HIJABS or their heads are cut off. This is like Buchanan and Pierce siding with slavery.

THE DEMOCRAT PARTY HAS NOT CHANGED. They are always on the opposite side of GOOD JUDGEMENT.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know the answer, but I'm not African American... should I answer?

The Republican Party was created in 1854 in opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act that would have allowed the expansion of slavery into Kansas.

• 1 decade ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I am loyal to the Libertarian party but; yeah southern democrats were and are for the most part elitist bastards & bigots.

I think the system as it is, influenced by the left has kept many blacks from succeeding or living up to their potential.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Um, yes they were big proponents of ending slavery, but they were formed mainly to counter the conservative slave-holders in order to retain a voice in government. Derek is right--back then, the Democrats were the conservative party.

• 1 decade ago

Why on earth would an african american know this answer any better than a white or mexican, or indian...you sound like quite the racist

• 1 decade ago

Why is that question directed to African Americans? If you want an educated answer I would ask everyone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In a big part for racial equality.

But it sounds as if you have already formed an answer yourself.

So why the post?

• 1 decade ago

is this another scheme to get people to feel bad for the african american population? seriously, grow the **** up honestly how often do you see black people being harassed by whites or other races just bcause of their skin?? never. i dont know why the republican party was formed but it sounds like it happened a long time ago so y dont you let past be past.

Source(s): fuck off
  • shea c
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

democrats and republicans is no different then wrestling on tv.

Alex jones check him out!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.