Why isn't my Frigidaire dishwasher working?

It's only a couple years old (don't know the model#'s). The lights come on like it's working, and if you leave it "on", it appears to "run" because the cycle indicators change from washing to drying to clean. It's completely quiet and there's no water running or anything. I tried to "re-set" it with the circuit breaker, but nothing different has happened. What happened to it and how can I fix it?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SOLENOID TO THE WATER VALVE IS OUT. TO TEST YOU WILL NEED AN OHM METER. PULL THE BOTTOM OFF OF UNIT AND TRACK DOWN THE WATER LINE TILL YOU COME TO THE SOLENOID UNPLUG IT AN TAKE YOUR OHM METER LEADS AND PUT 1 ON EACH OF THE CONNECTORS, THE READINGS SHOULD JUMP TO 1 IF IT STAYS AT ZERO YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR PROBLEM. ORDER NEW 1 AND REPLACE. IF THE READING JUMPS TO 1 COULD BE THE BOARD. BETTER OFF REPLACING THE UNIT

• Larry

Sometimes the float gets stuck.

Fill pan with 1/2 gal of water and empty it into dishwasher. Try the cycle again.

Source(s): Income property maintenance