bballplayer21 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Do you think Alex Rodriguez will ever make it into the MLB Hall of Fame?

If Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens and other speculated PED users dont make it then I doubt Arod will make the HOF. It wouldnt be fair if one player made it and another didnt.

Update:

If I was a voter I would vote them all in, steroids and HGH didn't turn them into the great players they are. They didnt use steroids their whole career. They all are and were talented players. Steroids dont help you make contact with a 98 mph fastball or win over 300 games.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In his defense, he's the only player of the 4 you mentioned who actually admitted taking PEDs. Hopefully, the other three will eventually serve time for lying to Congress or grand juries.

Because he confessed, the writers may be more compassionate. They will make him wait several years (instead of being a first ballot HOFer like he deserves) but he should get in.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Dr Doom, he used while with the Rangers. Having said that, If A-Rod doesn't get in to the HOF for the career he has had and will continue to have, then there should be a HOF from say 1980 - present day. The "doping" has been going on for much longer than what we are hearing about. Because A-Rod is obviously the best playing in the game right now, everyone wants to throw the biggest book at him. He isn't alone and remember your (the royal "your") comments when your favorite teams superstar shows up on the list. It seems in this day in age, the best players are the PED users... I wonder if a player like Carlos Beltran used while on the Royals, or if Hanley Rameriz started using after the Red Sox got rid of him. A-Rod hands down makes the HOF and if he doesn't, who will?

• 1 decade ago

I hope not, only time will tell. I am not sure to be honest.

--And I think Bud Silieg should be imprisoned under the Rico Statute for running a criminal organization that distributed illegal steroids by not banning. In fact, so should LaRussa, Steinbrenner, Torre, and all others involved with the MLB that distributed steroids and did not ban them when they were illegal under federal law.

• 1 decade ago

He only admitted to taking roids the 3 years he was in texas. I think, by the end of his career, even if you took away everythign he did in those 3 years, his stats will still be good enough for the Hall.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If he breaks barry bonds record, id like to see him in the hall of fame.

Also If you guys are looking for a way to make money of sports betting withought putting money in, go to http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=525694 to start an account. Its not a scam, they just make money off the adds.Have fun!

• 1 decade ago

He was such a lock. Like Rafael Palmiero, his use of PEDs broke so many hearts. I was such a big fan. Now, I don't care a lot. I guess he'll make it. I don't care.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Steroids or not, Alex is a good player and hitter. I agree that you can't let someone in who used and one who didn't..thats just wrong.

• 1 decade ago

Yes he technically should because he took steroids before they were banned.

• 1 decade ago

A-Fraud will make it the same way I make it--as a PAYING customer

• Erich
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I agree. He's no different. But if Bonds makes it, which I don't think he will, A-Rod will too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.