Honda CBR 600 F4i - NEED HELP!?
I am in need of some SERIOUS help!!!
I have a 02 F4i with 70,000 km’s and it seems to have an extremely odd problem that no one can figure out, here are the symptoms:
While driving in any gear, when I push the engine anywhere past 9K it starts to stutter, loose power, get shaky and just sound terrible. 2 weeks ago I brought my bike to the SPECIALISTS (Honda Motorcycle) and they seem to be clueless as to what the problem is.
Here is what they have tried so far with no luck:
- First they told me that 2 of the ignition coils were dead and “arching” and so they replaced those and still the problem persisted.
- They told me a wiring harness was corroded and needed to be replace but still the problem persisted.
- They tried a brand new CDI box but still no luck.
- They did valve adjustments + timing but still no luck.
- They checked compression and fuel pressure and everything is fine there.
They have one last thing in mind and that is that the camshaft position sensor which I believe is supposed to be in charge of timing (I forget the exact name) needs to be replaced because it was knocked, also there is a similar sensor on the clutch that needs to be replaced, however they told me that if that doesn’t fix the problem they have exhausted all possibilities.
Has ANYONE seen anything like this and can anyone please help? I would be forever grateful!!!