Sary asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Disc golf and pot heads?

So this is random, but I live in Wisconsin and we have a really nice disc golf course in town. Recently discing has become like the designated "pot head" sport, and hole #10 is called the 'bowl hole' cause it's the first one in the woods haha! I was just wondering, is this simply a local phenomenon, or do pot heads and disc golfing go together everywhere else too?

Favorite Answer

like Phish, Fractal Posters and the number 420. Disc golf has becomes a nationalized pothead stereotype. Pretty much every disc golf course I've been to I've been able to find weed at, and twice as many people who are down to smoke right there. This includes Washington, Texas, and California.

• kozzm0

Disc golf first really came into being in the 70's when it was still a new thing to be a hippie

So rainbow people have always maintained a love for throwing discs. But they are still more into games like ultimate and throwing a frisbee for their dog.

I've played for about 6 years and most of the other players, even in my town which isn't allowed to name but it's in the northwest and is famous for hippies, most players are just "normal" people.

Anybody who stops to smoke a bowl on the 10th can't be too serious of a disc golfer. Like regular golf you have to remain consistent, starting the back nine in a different frame of mind threatens that. If you stop for anything after 9 it should be water.

On my local 9-hole course, which is always overrun with partiers, most of them are drunk, not toking.

• Jon G

The disc golf course in my town is in oakwood park, or what we like to call it TOAKwood park.

lmao, no not in new jersey, i don't even know if any one plays disc golf here. But i did meet a group of stoners who like to play frisbee, i guess that's kinda similar.