Do you agree with the following letter? Why or why not?

These principles come from an open letter to America that was sent from a listener to the Glenn Beck Program. You can read the context here.

Principles

I. Illegal immigration. I want you to stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders. Close the underground tunnels. Stop the violence and the trafficking in drugs and people. No amnesty, not again. Been there, done that, no resolution. P.S., I'm not a racist. This isn't to be confused with legal immigration.

II. TARP. I want it repealed and I want no further funding supplied to it. We told you no, but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze, repeal.

III. Czars. I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the czars. No more czars. Government officials answer to the process, not to the president. Stop trampling on our Constitution and honor it.

IV. Cap and trade. The debate on global warming is not over. There is more to say.

V. Universal healthcare. I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don't you dare try to pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!

VI. Growing government control. I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more. Shrink it down. Mind your own business. You have enough to take care of with your real obligations. Why don't you start there.

VII. ACORN. I do not want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them every time on every real estate deal that closes. Stop the funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audits and investigations. I do not trust them with taking the census over with our taxpayer money. I don't trust them with our taxpayer money. Face up to the allegations against them and get it resolved before taxpayers get any more involved with them. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, hello. Stop protecting your political buddies. You work for us, the people. Investigate.

VIII. Redistribution of wealth. No, no, no. I work for my money. It is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs. That is the only redistribution of wealth that I will support. I never got a job from a poor person. Why do you want me to hate my employers? What do you have against shareholders making a profit?

IX. Charitable contributions. Although I never got a job from a poor person, I have helped many in need. Charity belongs in our local communities, where we know our needs best and can use our local talent and our local resources. Butt out, please. We want to do it ourselves.

X. Corporate bailouts. Knock it off. Sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we'll be better off just getting into it and letting the strong survive. Quick and painful. Have you ever ripped off a BandAid? We will pull together. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us the chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.

XI. Transparency and accountability. How about it? No, really, how about it? Let's have it. Let's say we give the buzzwords a rest and have some straight honest talk. Please stop manipulating and trying to appease me with clever wording. I am not the idiot you obviously take me for. Stop sneaking around and meeting in back rooms making deals with your friends. It will only be a prelude to your criminal investigation. Stop hiding things from me.

XII. Unprecedented spending. Stop it now. Take a breath. Listen to the people.

Note: I, in no part, had anything to do with the creation of this letter. I just want to see what this site thinks about the letter.

Favorite Answer

I agree 100%!!!! Could not agree more. I do not see how anybody could disagree. This letter was well thought out, precise and honest. I think that if people would actually read it with an open mind and not with a slanted view based solely on political affiliation they would see the meaning behind it. We as Americans are blessed with basic unalienable rights which are slowly being eroded by a government he** bent on full and total control of our lives ranging from where OUR money goes to what we eat.

Your creditors don't have to accept less than full balance, nor do they have to agree to delete for payment. If the only response you are getting is an invoice saying pay this, you don't have any agreement. You are more likely to get pay for delete, even for less than full balance, accepted if the debt is for phone, utilities, medical bills, or similar single report items. The collection agency put the derogatory on your file and they can remove it. If the debt is credit cards or something regularly reported by the original creditor, you are less likely to get a delete agreement. And the collection agency can only remove what they reported, not the original creditor item. If these debts are still within the Statute of Limitations (SOL), the timeframe to bring lawsuit, the collection agencies could just sue you. It would be a bad idea to taunt the collection agency with a letter that said "my way" or I won't pay at all. You could try making another settlement offer or just waiting for some time to pass and hope the collectors will be more willing to deal later.

My mother's boss just printed a copy and I just read it. It's amazing. It's the most right on, Libertarian thing (ie Founder's thoughts) that I've read in a long time.

All should take heed and stop Obama.

• Jani

Yes, especially the section about the czars. We elect men and women who are supposed to be responsible to us for their actions.

These czars are appointed and accountable to whom? We don't get to vote them out and they are like other bureaucrats who bleed us dry.

I don't care if it does come from Beck. It is a good letter with solid points.

It is a great letter, many have signed it on the website, so many in fact that they are making different arrangements for signing it ! Took me 2 days to get in and sign it ! It was writen by a 50 year old AZ woman .

I agree....Why do many of these tree hugging, organic, holistic medicine and pure earth loving people are the same liberal minded democratic types who vote for socialism, GOVERNMENT controlled health care - the very politicians pushing NAIS, control of our food, food irradiation and commercial farming with pesticide overuse, commerical meat farms and slaughters, dairy chicken and other farms depleting the earth and dumping nasty antibiotic and homone filled waste into our ecosystems, who vote to Abort and murder the unborn children who will never get to see the beauty of a tree? Why is this? This is not self-suffienciency! Why do they want their hard earned money to go to those who are not self-sufficient, to fund their laziness? Why do they want illegal immigrants to come here to take jobs?

Source(s): Common Sense

This letter is the BEST!!!!

Go to youtube.com

type in Glenn Beck the letter.

And Glenn Beck is reading the letter this mother wrote.

IT'S PERFECT

Every Real American agrees.

Only American-Hating Socialists would disagree.

Right on!

I totally agree with this letter, and I wished I'd written it!