What are some books you recommend for a 13 [almost 14] year old girl?

Which doesn't like the Twilight Saga, cause it bores her out, and already read all classical novels.

Thanks, and that girl is me :)

I'm going to the library soon... that's why.

:D

P.S. I like Meg Cabot, and if you could, give a short summary of the books you list.

Thankss again :)

Best Answer

Umm......... anything by Meg Cabot (i love her too) especially the Princess Diaries!

The Clique by Lisi Harrison (its ok) -

-its about a girl named massie who has it all and then this weird girl from Florida ends up living in her guest house and the adventures that follow

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares -

about four girls named Tibby, Lena, Carmen, Bridget (aka Bee) who are unseperable, and when they all split up for the summer. Lena, to visit her family in Greece, where she runs into trouble. Tibby, who is the only one who is staying home for the summer and gets stuck with a crappy job at the local supermarket called Wallman's. She meets a 12 year old named bailey who passes out in the store and they become close friends. (spoiler alert, bailey has leukemia, ok spoiler is over) Carmen, who goes to South Carolina to visit her dad, and when she gets there, she finds out that her dad is getting remarried, and has two perfect blonde step children of whom she cant stand. And then there is Bee, who goes to Soccer camp in Mexico and has a great time.She gets in a relationship with one of the coaches, Eric. Veryy, good story!

Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher-

about a boy named Clay Jensen who discovers this package at his fronts door filled with tapes labeled 1 through 13 and he listens to them. They are about the thirteen people who caused his crush hannah baker, to commit suicide. They are very detailed and interesting and i cant say much more without giving the story away.

Airhead by Meg Cabot-

about this girl who goes to a super market opening with her younger sis, cuz her sis wants to see a british singer who is going to perform there. A plasma screen tv falls on Emerson, and she is sent to the hospital. She wakes up after a month in a coma, and she notices that she no longer has her chewed nails, and her fingers almost seem thinner. She wonders why her sister looks like she is looking at a ghost, and why sociallite Lulu is at her hospital bed calling her Nikki? Why? nikki is a teen supermodel, why is lulu calling her Nikki? Then Lulu and her boyfriend kidnap her from the hospital! Read to find out what happens!

3 Willows by Ann Brashares (im currently reading it, but you shouldn't read it unless you've read the whole Sisterhood series first) um... so far it is about a three girls who are growing apart and are trying to be like the famous sisterhood of the traveling pants, which is by the dame author, so no trounle there

She Said Yes by Misty Bernall-

about a girl and her amazing journey from loneliness, depression, thoughts o suicide, etc. then she is shot at the Columbine Shooting Massacre of April 20, 1999 for saying "yes" she believes in god. very amazing and touching!

All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark ( an extremely good mystery) this one is so very comlicated i cant type it, try this link,

http://www.allreaders.com/topics/Info_5638.asp

that's all i can think of off the top of my head, hope i could help=)

Source(s): a <3 of reading =)

I'm 14 years old and I have read all of these books and absolutely loved each and every one of them. I would recommend them to any teen. Also, I am sorry that I couldn't give you links to a summary of each of these books - Yahoo! Answers prohibits having over 10 links in one answer. You can go to barnesandnoble.com and then type in the title and it will show up with a summary.

1) Teach Me by R.A. Nelson

2) Look for Me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

3) Deep, Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn

4) Time for Andrew by Mary Downing Hahn

5) As Ever, Gordy by Mary Downing Hahn

6) Doll in the Garden by Mary Downing Hahn

7) The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn

8) Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn

9) A Mother's Gift by Britney and Lynne Spears

10) Notes from a Liar and Her Dog by Gennifer Choldenko

11) Brian's Saga by Gary Paulsen:

a. Hatchet

b. The River

c. Brian's Winter

d. Brian's Return

e. Brian's Hunt

12) The Monument by Gary Paulsen

13) The Island by Gary Paulsen

14) The Cay by Theodore Taylor

Do Read

1.Uglies-Scott Westerfeild

2.anything by Sarah Dessen

3.Two Way street

4.Queen of Babble-Meg Cabot

5.The Bell Jar-Sylvia Plath

6.The Stephanie Plum series(Hilarious)-Janet Evanovich

7.A Great and Terrible Beauty-Libba Bray

8.The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things- Carolyn Mackler

9.The Giver-Lois Lowry

10.Living Dead Girl-Elizabeth Scott

Don't Read!!

1.Wuthering Heights

2.The clique series

3.Gossip girl series

The Gone Series by Michaek Grant. Brilliant books about when in a small californian town everybody over fifteen disappears and a giant dome appears around the town.

Paulo Coehlo:

Veronika Decides To Die

Eleven Minutes

Brida

Hey there!

I've started a seiries called The Seven Deadly Sins by Robin Wasserman. It basically is about seven teenagers living in a run down city in California and all the drama they go through. It does involve drugs, alcohol, and a teensy bit of sex, but it is still a great seiries I've reccommended to my friends.

Have fun reading! (P.S. -- I'm 13 also.)

Check out Hunger Games. Awesome books.

Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin

Anything by Robert Heinlein or Isaac Asimov

Anything by Shere Hite

the riddles of epsilon - christine morton shaw

it's not a particularly well-known book but i came by it a couple of years ago (about your age) and it completely gripped me! i have read it countless times since.

it's about a girl who moves to a remote island - away from everything she knows and she hates it - until a mysterious 'supernatural' being comes into her life with endless riddles and clues which all link together to help solve a huge mystery that involves her family.

it's quite an eerie book, a bit of a mystery but it has elements of fun and humour in there too. i'd say, don't knock it 'til you've tried it, it's a great book:)

Thank god you're not a Twilight-tard.

Read these books child.

Disgrace by J.M Coetzee

Let me in by John Ajvide Lindqvist

and

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane