What is the best way to attach ribbon to tulle?

I am making a princess tutu for my daughter for her first birthday. The skirt will be made from tulle, and then I plan to attach some type of ribbon (probably satin) to the edge. I am trying to decide if an iron on adhesive would be best for this, or if stitching it would be a better bet. If stitching, do I need to iron the ribbon in half so that I can attach it to the front and back of the tulle? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated =)

Favorite Answer

I did thin ribbon on a tulle skirt, ended up hand sewing it on, only took a little time, but if it's for a little one and it might get tugged on by little fingers you might want to go with washable glue first, then hand stitch on.

I wouldn't bother with folding in half to do both sides unless you get really wide ribbon.

Might want to make it a longer skirt so she can grow into it as she grows up rather than just a short one she'll outgrow my 18 months ;)

sounds a great surprise for her, good luck with it!

I would just sew it by machine on the front. No ned to do front ad back. A 3/4 or 1" ribbon would be very pretty!

I think short dresses, coz you show off more lower limbs, but really it doesn't matter both is going great

• Martin

I think long skirts are excellent, you're covered up minus the restrictions of jeans.

i also doing the same, i'm making a no-sew tutu!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7aSPMEn7S0

Youtube thumbnail