Vista wont let me remove guest password?
I went into my guest account, control panel, user accounts, clicked on remove password, entered the current, password hit enter and I got:
Windows cannot change the password.
Anyone know why this is happening?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
you can't exactly remove the password, try changing it
- Anonymous1 decade ago
here are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available, but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password
You can use the ISO to burn a boot CD. Follow these instructions:
1. Download ISO file from http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com Windows Password Recovery Tool
2. Burn to a CD using a CD burning tool such as Nero or Roxio or MagicISO
3. Insert CD into drive and reboot.
4. You may have to select an option in the BIOS to get the computer to boot from the CD.
Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.
- Jason PLv 51 decade ago
Because the guest account generally shouldn't have one. That's sort of the point of guest as a guest is an anonymous unauthenticated user.