Help with criminal justice paper!!!?

Im doing a college i-search paper on the basics of the criminal justice system and I need help! All I need is for anyone who knows about the CJ system to answer these questions. You can reply to this or email me. I really need these answers by tommorrow so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Please leave a little background info about yourself as well. I would reccomend emailing me if you do that.

Thanks again!

1)In your opinion, what actually is Criminal Justice?

2)How does the US Constitution influence the criminal justice system?

3)Is Criminal Justice strictly police work or is there more diversity involved?

4)How can communication help you in the criminal justice field?

5)What does it take to be in the criminal justice field these days?

6)What should a person think over before entering the field?

7)What can one expect from a career in the field?

8)What sort of specialized training is involved?

9)What is the best way to start off on the right foot on a career in criminal justice?

10)Is it better to take a CJ course at a standard university or a more specialized school?

11)What kind of jobs in CJ can you get with an associate’s degree? With a bachelor’s?

12)What first got you interested in the CJ?

13)What are the benefits of a career in CJ?

14)How do you balance work and home?

15)What do you love most about your job?

my email is on my profile.

Best Answer

Please do not listen to the first poster. He is a well known spammer and troll.

I'll answer-help you. I am a CJ student as well starting this fall.

What is your email...?

1. In my opinion, criminal justice is the system of practices and the government directed at having social control and order.

2. Within the US, the US government controls the laws and regulations set in these states. We have rights as US citizens and therefore are granted these rights at the times of questioning and arrest. For example-we have the right to free speech-first amendment-so that goes in terms of when being arrested, we have the right to stay quiet, or speak your situation.

3. I'd say no. Criminal Justice - the words in itself are about regulating and maintaining law. It has to do with lawyers, judges and the rest of the government as well.

4. Communication is SO important- Not only in CJ, but it life. In the academy and through your training-even in college- they stress reading comprehension, learning how to properly and successfully deal with a situation-learning how to talk people out of situations and danger-rather than using your weapon.

An officer can go through their whole career never using their gun-but every day, they use their pen and paper and their words. Words are powerful.

5. Criminal Justice and the LEO career field has changed a lot. Many departments and academies will not allow someone to apply unless they have a certain number of college credits and degrees.

Communication, honesty, integrity and memorization/ multi tasking is very important.

6. I think what everyone in this field needs to think about is exactly what is involved. Some officers when they first start out are shocked that being a LEO is not only about chasing "bad guys" around. It's about having excellent communication skills, being able to have excellent writing skills. I think a person needs to fully know what they are getting into.

7. I think the thing about this career is-expect the unexpected. Things are very dangerous-but can be rather boring. Day to day driving around can be just giving people tickets- and then the next second you could be talking someone out of murdering or killing themselves. you just never know and you need to be ready for everything and have a fully open mind.

8. Normally, they require at least 60 college credits or an Assoc. or Bachelor's degree. It all depends on what else you want to do with your career. Obviously the higher you want to go, the more education/degrees, training you'll need. It also helps these days to know Spanish or another language-as the US is becoming very multi cultural. Police work obviously deals with the public and you need to be very sensitive to everyone.

9. Volunteering is really good. You can volunteer with your local police department to get involved with different things. You can go to college-community or university and start majoring in CJ and take the needed classes. Ride Alongs are also a great way to get an upfront seat on different shifts to see what goes on in your area.

10. I do not trust the technical schools.Many of them are a scam and cost a lot more than a uni. A simple community college is FINE. Especially in the beginning. Everyone starts out the same-as a regular street officer and in the beginning, a basic education in college is fine.

You can go to a university but....it really doesn't matter. It all depends on WHAT you want to do-do you want to be a street officer forever or go into a certain unit? If you want to go into K9, SWAT or FBI, clearly you need additional training.

11. The thing is-it's always best to major in something else-what if you major in CJ and don't end up getting accepted? Then what? An Associates is good to start with, but you will end up having to go back and get a higher degree. The pay is low with a low degree. An Associates is fine because that is what I am going to get and it will end up being 62 credits-2 more credits than needed to join.

12. I have honestly been interested since middle school on and off. I'm 25 now. I always put it in the back of my mind. I was interested in music careers and that stuff so...I was obsessed with trying to do that stuff-but it's hard getting into that life. So, this really sounds interesting to me.

13. You can retire in 20 years. You meet many different people and deal with different situations. You gain better communication skills and interpersonal skills. You are always backed up by other officers-you have to have a positive mentality to do this-always believe that you can do this.

14. [I can't answer this because I am not yet in the career, but there are some great articles about this on policelink.com]

15. [again,can't answer.]

Source(s): I am a 25 year old female in the US majoring in CJ.

Criminal Records Search Database : http://www.InfoSearchDetective.com/Info

Alternatives to Prison Overcrowding

1-a money making scheme

2-trys to keep the cops from abusing peoples rights

3-more diversity

4-tell the other cops where the bad guy's headed

5-a high school diploma

6-am I going to get killed

7-poor health

8-none

9-apply for the job

10-doesn't matter

11-cop job

12-watching Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show

13-ability to violate someone's rights & not be held accountable

14-with a scale

15-the feeling of power over people