Cydia vs. Icy -- And how I should go about jailbreaking a OS 3.0 ipod touch?

First off, what will be the differences between Icy and Cydia? I know Icy is supposed to be faster and lighter and what not, but will I be able to install the same packages with Icy as I currently am with Cydia? Second, I have a 2.2.1 jailbroken ipod touch. I used redsn0w and am now looking to buy the OS 3.0... show more First off, what will be the differences between Icy and Cydia? I know Icy is supposed to be faster and lighter and what not, but will I be able to install the same packages with Icy as I currently am with Cydia?

Second, I have a 2.2.1 jailbroken ipod touch. I used redsn0w and am now looking to buy the OS 3.0 software update but not until I know I will be able to successfully jailbreak it and SSH into it so I can install cracked apps (I don't just want to install Instalulous or AppSync or what ever the auto downloaders are for safari on your ipod). I know quickpwn has software out already but it is beta and only supports first gen touches and iphones. So Should I just wait until the "sn0w" hackers come out with their jailbreak, still using cydia? Or try quickpwn's beta and Icy?

Something else that just came to mind... when I update to the new OS, Cydia (and all my cracked apps should still be there)? So will it matter which jailbreak I use because after I have jailbroken it, it should all work again anyway?

If you can't tell, I'm a little confused as to what to do and I might have some information completely wrong. If so, please correct me and help me out with what I should do.