After I take Ibuprofen I always get hot,it happens everytime I take it?

Is this all in my head or is it possible, I do take high blood pressure medicine.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

(http://health.yahoo.com/pain-medications/ibuprofen...

What are the possible side effects of ibuprofen?

*Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

*Stop taking ibuprofen and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

* chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;

* black, bloody, or tarry stools;

* coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;

* swelling or rapid weight gain;

* urinating less than usual or not at all;

* nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

* fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;

* bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or

* fever, headache, neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, purple spots on the skin, and/or seizure (convulsions).

Less serious side effects may include:

* upset stomach, mild heartburn, diarrhea, constipation;

* bloating, gas;

* dizziness, headache, nervousness;

* skin itching or rash;

* blurred vision; or

* ringing in your ears.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.

What other drugs will affect ibuprofen?

Tell your doctor if you are taking an antidepressant such as citalopram (Celexa), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor). Taking any of these drugs with ibuprofen may cause you to bruise or bleed easily.

Before taking ibuprofen, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following drugs:

* aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), ketorolac (Toradol), mefenamic acid (Ponstel), meloxicam (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others;

* an ACE inhibitor such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), or trandolapril (Mavik);

* lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);

* diuretics (water pills) such as furosemide (Lasix);

* methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);

* steroids (prednisone and others); or

* a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).

This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with ibuprofen. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.

• Katie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You're probably having some kind of reaction to it. I would not take it anymore, and also speak to a doctor or pharmacist about it. Ask them what else is safe to take instead.

Ibuprofen is a blood thinner... maybe it's not safe to take with blood pressure medicine.

• Barbro
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Who was the Quote? Fixed Manic Grins and Demonic Laughter works for Me

• 1 decade ago

I suggest dont take it any more, try switching to paracetalmol or other pain relieiver and go see your doctor/pharmacist and tell them about your problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it makes you hot, I'll show up naked on your doorstep with a bottle of that ****.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.