Does First-Class Mail International from USPS work with Canada Post tracking @ Customs?

Hi,

Ebay-related question; I recently purchased something from N.Carolina in the States; I live in Ontario Canada.

The seller mailed it via first-class int'l mailing; I know (from reading through other Yahoo Answers) that the USPS tracking does not track mails sent through this particular service, but what I'm wondering is...

Does Canada Post scan and track, specifically when the mail package passes through the US-Canada customs?

Because if it does, then it means that there's a looong time before it gets here. But if it doesn't then all bets of when it arrives are still down, could be tomorrow, could be 2 months from now.

Thanks for reading.

-YH

Favorite Answer

I bought something from a seller in North Carolina as well just recently (I live in Alberta) and Canada Post doesn't put any tracking information on it for us to follow the package up here. Once it passes through Customs, it's just like any other mail-it gets sorted for delivery.

That being said, I can give you an idea of when to expect your parcel. The seller shipped mine June 3rd and I received it this past week on the 17th. So 2 full weeks from North Carolina to Alberta is pretty quick as I wasn't expecting it until the end of the month. As you live in Ontario, I would think your wait time will probably be 2-4 days less than what I had to as you're alot closer to N.C. than I.

Hope this helps.

The estimate is 7-10 business days but you are correct there isn't a way to track it or check delivery status or submit an inquiry unless it was sent registered mail.

i bought something fromNC and i live in Winnipeg, just checked the tracking and strangely, it left FL en route to Canada, you would think the item should have left from NY instead of going south.odd