Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Question about Wuhan, China?

I wa wondering, what language (type of Chinese) do they speak and write in the city of Wuhan in China? (mandarin, Cantonese, etc..)? =[

any help would be great!

thanks! =]

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They speak Mandarin with local idiosyncrasies. There's also a regional dialect.

And no, Elena S, there's more more than one official language in China. And really, Mandarin is just Beijing dialect legitimized as the main language of China by virtue of the seat of government being there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In Wuhan they speak Mandarin.

Source(s): I live in China and often visit Wuhan.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The local dialect is Wuhanese, which is a distinct language, but most residents can also speak Mandarin, the national language.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

In Wuhan they speak local dialect... watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXxysEvMdmI), sounds nothing like Putonghua(Mandarin).... It's like trying to understand a drunk Scottish man, I even struggle to understand some Scots even when their soba and i'm from Cambridge UK.

• 4 years ago

Wuhan Language

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is only one official language in China -- Chinese language...

some people carelessly call it Mandarin (odd word)...

but in fact people in Wuhan don't speak it, or rather speak it with a strong local accent... kinda dialect... you can only hear official language in the northern provinces and on TV...

but they don't speak Cantonese, which is only spoken in the south of China HK, Guangdong...

• wakita
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

normally its rather sizzling normally now not however identity deliver sun shades and longsleeves simply incase :) it is helping oh I went to mexico in november it used to be 109 deegrees so only a heads up it would be both one!

• 1 decade ago

mandarin...

:P

Source(s): calling mandarin
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.