Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Have you ever experienced the joy of walking barefoot down the frozen food aisle on a hot summer day?

If you never have, I suggest you try it sometime this summer. When you're shopping just take off your flip flips for a few minutes and try it. I'm sure you'll love it. And don't worry because 1) there are no health laws that prevent it 2) it's perfectly safe 3) no one (at least where I live in Southern California) will give you a look or say anything.

Favorite Answer

i have,feels good

You're absolutely right - It does feel great. I have been a full time barefooter for almost 3 years and go shopping around the Chicago area all the time.

You're also correct that there are no laws prohibiting anyone from being barefoot in places. Those NSNSNS signs are left over anti-hippy slogans left over from the 60's and 70's and are hardly seen and even less enforced.

People who worry about hazards and germs have probably never gone barefoot for any length of time. I work construction barefoot and for years rarely get scratched. My hands though... Maybe I should wear gloves instead.

I wanna walk down the street in the summer holding hands with a barefoot girl in a dress.

I don't like that. I like to keep my soles as consistently burning hot as possible to keep building up heat tolerance. Room temperature store floor already temporarily removes the burning. Frozen food aisle *cools* the soles, the exact opposite of what I want when burning the soles outside in the heat once again.

• Ryan S

Yes I have. It felt fantastic! Cool tile underfoot!

Want to try something even better? Try going barefoot into a walk-in cooler. I've done this in the summer, buying beer or other cold beverages. The floor inside is really cold underfoot, & the refrigerated air cools & refreshes the rest of your body when it's hot.

• Ed F

Yes many times, used to always go to the grocery store barefoot.

So did many others and no one cared or made a big deal about it.

(.ie. foot phobias).

Yes that was in SO CAL the land of the barefoot friendly.

Q) How do you know that Jesus came from California?

A) He went barefoot everywhere He went!

Well I live in the San Francisco bay area and there *are* laws here about being barefoot inside of *anywhere*. Businesses are too afraid of being sued if someone breaks a toe, gets it run over by a cart (we have motorized scooters for the elderly shoppers) or steps on some glass the help might have missed after a break. Little kids come into the stores and knock things off of shelves and they could get cut or, worse (and this has happened) picked up the glass and put it in their mouth.

Feet carry more bacteria than t crack of your butt, just in case you aren't aware. It may feel good, but it is utterly disgusting to see bare feet next to the counter where your food is setting...and to know that a few hundred people have been there before me and will be there after me.

So just do the rest of us a favor and if you're going to be selfish and take your nasty feet around food that other people are going to purchase, let us know what store you go to so we can go to a more hygienic place. Thank you.

No, because where I live there are laws against this. There's signs on doors of public facilities that read "no shirt, no shoes--no service" Where I live these laws are actually enforced. Anyways, I would never walk barefoot in a grocery store. I used to work at a super-walmart when I was a teenager and with all the food spills and some of the disgusting customers that have been across those floors--I'll pass!

Yes I've done this thousands of times. I live in Australia and go barefoot everywhere I go.

Yes, I go grocery shopping barefoot all the time. It's a welcome relief after walking across the very hot parking lot!

Barefoot TEX

Well no I haven't, but I think it would feel like heaven on earth.