what's the name of the movie where Carol Burnett plays an alcoholic?

Favorite Answer

Life of the Party: The Story of Beatrice (1982 TV movie)

Synopsis:

"Life of the Party: The Story of Beatrice" is a fact-based TV movie starring Carol Burnett and Lloyd Bridges. Burnett plays Beatrice (emphasis on the second syllable: "Be-AT-trice") who compensates for her shyness and lack of self-respect by drinking heavily. Bridges plays Beatrice's husband, who tolerates his wife alcoholic intake until he can stand no more. She begins attending Alcoholics Anonymous and cleans up her act. But that's not the end of the story: Beatrice then sets out to establish a halfway house for other female alcoholics. The domestic scenes between Burnett and Bridges are far more compelling than Burnett's climactic tiltings with bureaucracy during her efforts to realize her dream. // Also in the cast are Geoffrey Lewis, Conchata Ferrell, Gail Strickland and Fran Ryan.

EDIT: I see that wduffey also knows about this movie! I recall its TV debut and remember a lot about it, plus interviews of Carol Burnett at the time. She explained that her experience with alcoholism was with her parents, causing her to be against drinking. When one of those tabloids claimed she was drunk at a restaurant, she successfully sued them for a lot of money! Hooray!

EDIT 2: Magenta, I don't recall the scene you describe in this one. It's been awhile since I've watched it, but that doesn't *click* with me. I'll check around, but that scene doesn't sound familiar, even for another movie. Actually, it's too bad that some channel such as LCM doesn't air this because it would be interesting to see it again.

Carol Burnett Alcoholic

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 39 movie carol burnett plays alcoholic: https://tinyurl.im/jcltX

Sorry I am about the tack another question onto your question (I'll give you a star though), only because Mystmoonstruck tends to check back and I have a question for her.

Is Beatrice the movie where Carol Burnett pretends she is vomiting near some punch bowls but actually has vomit hidden in bottles (??) in her shirt and when everyone turns away she dumps them into the punch to try and ruin the party?

When I read your answer I got a sudden flash of this scene and now I want to know if this is what I am remembering. Thanks.

EDIT - Thanks for answering back, I am not even sure it was Carol Burnett in the film (but it seemed like her), I remember the scene was quite funny but that's all I can recall about it.

1) Elizabeth Alice 1) Atticus Bran 2) Amelia Eleanor 2) Richard Andy 3) Juliet Portia 3) Octavius Adam

'Life of the Party: The Story of Beatrice'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084252/

Annie!

annie?