What is it like living in Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa?

My partner, 3 children & I are moving to this area from the UK this Autumn, though I have visited & seen the area (2008) I have not lived there. What is security? Family life? Amenities? Public transport etc like here? Many thanks.

Favorite Answer

Rondebosch is a middle class suburb in Cape Town and has it's good and bad parts.

It is close to many good schools and of course the University as well.

Crime wise Rondebosch is about average as Southern Suburbs go.

That's also where Iived ( sunnybrae road) when I arrived in Cape Town as a single woman! Rondebosch close to the boy high school is great but definitely avoid Rondebosch East! If you need info about Cape Town, you should go to www.voilacapetown.com.

You'll have a fun life with your kids in Cape Town!

Nadege

Rondebosch has its good parts and its bad parts. Rondebosch east is much more downmarket. Be careful of where you look in Rondebosch, avoid the high street if possible - As it will be quieter and nicer away from it. My advice is to do more research on the actual location of where you are buying/renting.

As for facilities: Pros: Great for schools, great for sports Cons: No beach, wetter side of the mountain = lush yet not as sunny as say Camps Bay

Did you know for interests sake that Rondebosch means "around the bush"?

It would be like living next to Kew Gardens at Richmond along the Thames on the outskirts of greater London.

Source(s): I know both places