Rundll32.exe won't run. Help?

I have had this problem for some time now, and it has prevented me from running most of the software installed on my PC and from installing almost anything new. I've tried running Rundll32.exe through Task Manager, Command Prompt and what not already. Replacing it also doesn't work - I have a... show more I have had this problem for some time now, and it has prevented me from running most of the software installed on my PC and from installing almost anything new.

I've tried running Rundll32.exe through Task Manager, Command Prompt and what not already. Replacing it also doesn't work - I have a rundll32.exe file in the system32 folder but not in the dllcache folder.

Any attempt to start rundll32.exe does absolutely nothing. Since the first (and only) time it caused an error message and closed it has not run and I have been unable to start anything but a couple of web browsers, Winamp and some music software. Anything heavier such as games (NFS Carbon for example) gets stuck in a black screen for a long, long time until I eventually end its process through Task Manager.

Also, and most frustratingly, since then my PC is ridiculously slow, and on occasion (though rarely) crashes.
Update: Also, sfc /scannow does not work.
Update 2: I have already run a full system scan and registry cleanup. All errors and malicious software removed, but problem still persists.

And thanks, but I know what rundll32 is. :D