Can you be a Private and try out for the Army Rangers?

And what rank could you be to try for the Army Special Forces

Favorite Answer

Sure you can be a private. You need to have RIP (ranger indoctrine process) in your contract to have a definate chance at going.

Once you graduate basic and AIT you will be sent to RIP training (if its in your contract). This is a 2 week pre ranger course--if you fail out you will get sent to a regualr unit or can recycle into the next class. Its intense training to get you ready for Ranger School. If you pass RIP you will get sent to a Ranger Battalion as your duty station...this does not make you a ranger. You are only considered a Ranger once you prove yourself worthy of a spot to Ranger School and upon completetion, recieve your Ranger Tab. This school is completed in 3 phases.

Darby Phase- at ft. benning, ga. You will do land nav, swimming, helocpter jumps etc.

Mountain Phase- is Dahlonega, Ga. where you will repel walls and train in a mountain setting.

Urban/Swamp Phase- In Florida. and its exactly that. have fun with the gators. :)

It a tough but dignified school. Lots of soldiers never get the opportunity to go.

Special Forces traning is done at Bragg, NC. You have to submit a packet that you want to go and make is through the "Q course" or "Selection". You have to complete physical and mental training as well as master a foreign language.Training is done over the course of 2 years.

I do not think there is a rank requirement, although i can be mistaken. I would advise you to have Ranger School,some rank under your belt, and army knowledge before attemping SF.

good luck in your career :)

Source(s): Myself- Husband work for Ranger School at Benning and is a SF hopeful.

N O

Speak with any Army recruiter if you want the truth.

Try out?? What is this little league

Damn... Kylie took the words out of my mouth and then some.... OORAH! (Marines)

• eyespy

Kid, Go to resolved questions. Your answer is there. Trust me.