Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

Why Cant I get pregnant ? Im 19 i dont understand whats wrong?

Im 19 and i've been in my relationship for over two years. and we've been trying for two years. im so frustrated i mean am i ever gonna have a baby it s all i ever wanted my period dose come at off times but a year i've been trying for a year! i am over weight to but i know plenty of people fatter than me have baby's. my mom is 40 an pregnant with twin!!! dose anyone no wat could possibly be wrong with me?

Favorite Answer

first of all, i would recommend going to a doctor to know exactly whats wrong. but it could be a couple things.

you could have a T-shaped uterus. women with this problem have a much harder time conceiving a child

you could have small eggs and you can get medicine to help with that. when your eggs are smaller than normal the sperm often can't enter.

your could be infertile. this can sometimes be helped by medicine. but you will probably end up adopting if you are.

consult a doctor as we have no licensed medical knowledge (at least i don't)

it can take over a year to get pregnant anyway and with your periods been irregular and you only being young as it is you body may not be fully developed yyet.

you should think yourself lucky, i was on the pill and never took it wrong once or anything and got pregnant at 15 didnt know and suffered a miscarriage, 16 and wasnt ready for a baby, so had an abortion and then 17 and couldnt bear to lose another so kept him, i wouldnt change him for the world, but im 21 now and dont have much of a social life, in my opinion 19 is too young for you to be having a baby.

Well being fat can have something to with having a regular period. you want to make sure that your having your time of the month every month and only for a few days. Trying to lose weight is not a bad idea by any means. Exercise is good for you and eating healthy will make sure that your body is ready so you will have a better chance at a healthy baby. This doesn't mean that you have to go over board just take some long walks and drink more water and add soup and salad to your meals to round them out.

You could also be stressing yourself out. Stop worrying about having a baby and having to have sex. Just do what your and man normally do with no pressure.

As for your mom when women have kids early in their life the ability to have kids when they are in their late 40 is much easier then women that that have kids for the first time in their 40's.

Please dont let others get you down. I know 19 is young to be pregnant and have children! I got married at 19, and pregnant. My daughter was born shortly after my 20th bday. It is tough being young, people act like you dont know how to care for a baby even though the dr told me that my daughter is one of the healthiest and best taken care of children that he sees in his office. We have it rough financially but right now who doesnt. My husband is 25 and a very hard worker. I'm 22 now and cannot wait til I have my 2nd. I love being a mom but it was a step in my life that I was ready to take!

As for the girl asking these questions maybe you need to go to a dr, maybe they can help you figure out what is going on with your body. I know you want a child but once your pregnant its too late to turn back! Make sure it is 100% without a doubt what you want. As for me I have never once regretted my decision.

Now everyone can cure infertility using this natural remedy https://healthcare.im/getting-pregnant

infertility can run in the family and one of the first things the doctor asks you when you go to a fertility clinic is your family history regarding cases of infertility or other reproductive issues.

If infertility is caused by genetic disorder then it's not unusual that one of the kids (your mom) doesn't have it and another does (your aunt).

two months of trying is still to early to be concerned about the fact that you might be infertile and it's also quite early to go to a fertility specialist. Go to a regular Obgyb to get a closer insight and see what ways there are are to improve your fertility rate.

Also remove alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes from your life because they might influence your chances too. Stress is also a risk factor when it comes to infertility.

Why do you WANT a baby now? You are still SOO young. Enjoy it. You have so much life to live. I am 23, and I still consider myself too young. I have a live in boyfriend and a wonderful job where I make a pretty good living. I STILL am not ready. I want to marry first, then be married for a few years, then THINK about having a kid around 28 or 29. Anyway, if you are SURE you want one, your weight could be an issue. You might want to consider losing before you have one. It will be healthier for you and the baby. You also might want to go to the dr. you might have fertility issues or he might be shooting blanks.

A lot of factors can attribute to that.

Have you tried conceiving on the best days according to your ovulation chart?

You also have to consider that maybe it's not just you who has the problem. The best thing to do is for BOTH you and your partner to consult with a GP and an OB/Gynecologist.

Goodluck!

ps. Am sure a lot of people would say you're too young, and truthfully, where I come from, you are.

But it's different for different cultures. I think just as long as you're capable (emotionally, financially, etc), responsible and mature enough to handle it - I don't see why not. So many people wait too long and then when they reach their mid30s it's too late. I applaud you for making a choice, which is difficult for many of us to imagine. I just hope other people will respect that just as they have their opinions - you have yours too.

Sincerely... the best of luck :)

have you went to the Doctor?? and yes wieght does matter for some people. I know this girl who couldn't get pregnant because she only had a period Once a year.. anyways she went on a diet lost alot of weight and her periods became regular, and low and behold shes pregnant..

so ask your doctor or try that..

19 is too young to get pregnant anyway. But, since you are having trouble - you do have time to work on this. Go talk to your gyno about your concerns. Being overweight can complicate getting pregnant. Learn how to eat a proper diet - for yourself and so you don't raise a fat kid. Geez - don't pass that bad habit on.

Since you're not married I don't think you need worry about it. Nineteen is still a teenager. When you get married you can consult with a fertility expert if necessary and I'm sure you will have the family you want then.