Fatty liver disease question?

My husband was diagnosed with a fatty liver a few months ago. He has been struggling with alcoholism as well. He doesn't really drink on the week days anymore but pretty much drinks a ton on the weekend. He is giving AA a try! So hopefully it can help. Not only does he have a fatty liver he also has high... show more My husband was diagnosed with a fatty liver a few months ago. He has been struggling with alcoholism as well. He doesn't really drink on the week days anymore but pretty much drinks a ton on the weekend. He is giving AA a try! So hopefully it can help. Not only does he have a fatty liver he also has high cholesterol and his doc is treating him with Zocor. I have read that people who have liver probs should not take Zocor. The doc said he has to treat him for the high cholesterol no matter what. I'm wondering if this is going to make his liver even worse. Although he has the desire to quit drinking for his health and his family is this med going to make his liver worse and should I get a second opinion? Not to mention he is only 27. Thank you!!!
Update: Far from obese! He is 5'6 185. He may be a tad over weight but not obese.