Abortion & Ectopic pregnancies?

Earlier some people stated that. 1) removing an ectopic pregnancy is not abortion 2) ectopic pregnancies are the ONLY justification for what most refer to as an abortion because there is a 0% chance of survival Do they realize that there ARE cases that an ectopic pregnancy results in a live birth? and that... show more Earlier some people stated that.

1) removing an ectopic pregnancy is not abortion
2) ectopic pregnancies are the ONLY justification for what most refer to as an abortion because there is a 0% chance of survival

Do they realize that there ARE cases that an ectopic pregnancy results in a live birth? and that there are other conditions such as a some partial molar pregnancies that cause maternal AND fetal DEATH?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu_QOnjtKoR...

So how can some one be 100% against abortion except for ectopic pregnancy, but not with other life threatening conditions even when the baby is proven to not be viable, and the mothers death is unavoidable without intervention?

do you see removal of an ectopic pregnancy as abortion (justified or not) ?

Do you believe the 100% of ectopic pregnancies are non-viable?

Do you think the rarity of live births from ectopic pregnancies is due to the high termination rate?

Do you think that ectopic is the ONLY justification for what most refer to as an abortion?
Update 2: I KNOW they are not the same. I had a molar pregnancy and terminated. I also understand the risk to the mother during an ectopic pregnancy I am just curious why some say they are against abortion unless it's ectopic, even when there are equally dangerous conditions and do the same people know that... show more I KNOW they are not the same. I had a molar pregnancy and terminated.

I also understand the risk to the mother during an ectopic pregnancy

I am just curious why some say they are against abortion unless it's ectopic, even when there are equally dangerous conditions and do the same people know that ectopics aren't 100% non-viable. Some have resulted in live births.

I would never encourage a women to endanger her life. That's why I chose to terminate. I wanted to live.
Update 3: TLC did a series where they followed a women who chose not to terminate her ectopic pregnancy. The showed ehr DR visits and c-section birth of a live baby. She had to have a hysterectomy, but the baby did live.
Update 4: There was also a woman who had an ectopic pregnancy where the baby died and her body coated it is calcium.

I'll try to find some more links.
Update 5: it was in her ovary.
6 answers