? asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 1 decade ago

Disney Free Dining Plan?

Anyone taken/taking a trip anytime soon on it? My family and I (myself, husband, daughter-16) have been doing it for years. We are going 9/12-9/19. We love it so much! This year we are staying at Coronado Springs, and we have stayed there before, and other resorts, but its our favorite. Also, we have a 7 day park hopper with water park fun and more on it. We have already booked our dinner reservations, and we are going to...

-Whispering Canyon Cafe

-The Plaza

-Sci-Fi Drive Inn

-Kona Cafe

-Le Cellier

-Yak & Yeti Restaurant

-Boma

We have already been to these in previous trips...

-Sci-Fi Drive Inn

-Boma

-California Grill

-Cape May Cafe

-San Angel Inn - Mexico Pavilion

-Coral Reef

-Planet Hollywood

-Grand Floridian Cafe

Anyways, I was just wondering what other people were doing on this plan. Like: How long are you staying? How many people are you traveling with? Where are you eating at? Where are you staying at? Have you already made your dining reservations? What are your favorite counter service locations? Favorite rides? blah blah blah...

Yeah, I was just wondering how other people do their Disney vacations. I know ALL about Disney, but I was just wondering how others view it.

Just curious.

Thanks!

:D

Favorite Answer

i'm going from august 23rd-28th and before i check into my disney hotel i'm going to universal studios for a day.

my group will have 9 people including my parents (66 and 62) my sisters and brother in law (30, 30, 25) myself (23) and my 2 nieces and my nephew (10, 16 months, 8)

we live near buffalo ny and we are taking two cars and driving straight through.

we will be staying at pop century in a preferred room.

we have 4 day base tickets.

our schedule is:

-friday arrive in orlando and sleep

-saturday universal studios

-sunday downtown disney

-monday epcot

-tuesday magic kingdom

-wednesday hollywood studios

-thursday magic kingdom

my family finds animal kingdom to be quite boring and a waste of time and a 1/2 a day so we don't go there.

we already have our dining reservations all set.

-magical gathering special experience at the odyssessy restaurnat in epcot and then special viewing of illuminations reflections of earth with a desert buffet.

-crystal palace

-sci-fi drive in theater

-chef mickey's

my favorite quick service restaurants are:

-pinocchio's village haus

-the lunching pad

-cosmic ray's starlight cafe

-electric umbrella

-cantina de san angel

-sunshine seasons food court

-backlot express

-ABC commissary

you shouldn't have even gotten me started on my favorite rides LOL.

magic kingdom:

-space mountain (closed for refurb until nov 21st)

-tomorrowland transit authority (closed due to SM refurb until aug 24th *just in time*)

-splash mountain

-thunder mountain

-its a small world

-enchanted tiki room

-jungle cruise

-haunted mansion

-pirates of the caribbean

-snow white's scay adventure

epcot:

-test track

-journey into imagination with figment

-soarin

-spaceship earth

-norway boat ride

-mexico boat ride

-fireworks "illuminations reflections of earth"

hollywood studios:

-tower of terror

-rock n roller coaster starring aerosmith

-beauty and the beast live stage show

-backlot tour

-the great movie ride

-muppet vision 3d

-sounds dangerous with drew carey

animal kingdom: (even though i find the park boring overall i do like 2 rides)

-dinosaur

-kali river rapids

Source(s): been to disney world 45 times and my next trip is in august.

We will be at Disney around the same time! My family is going 9/11-9/16! We also got the dining plan and we will only be there 6 days so we have 6 day park hopper passes with water and fun options also. only we are staying @ all star movie resort. I just made my reservations last sunday and I made them...

Boma-where we will celebrate my husbands bday

Chef Mickeys-where we will celebrate my 3 yr olds bday

Donalds Safari bfast @ the Tusker house

Coral Reef

Hoopdi doo Review- where we will celebrate my sons 4th bday

Because the HDR is 2 sit down meal credits we decided to pay for our dinner on the 6th day and on the day we are doing the Safari Breakfast.

Last year when we went we ate at the Crystal Palace. It was great.

Anyway we drive down from Pittsburgh, PA and we usually arrive at around 3. Then we go to our rooms settle in and make our way down to downtown disney. Then the rest of our days we make our way to the parks and on some nights we return early to play in the pool.

We try not to make too much of a schedule b/c after all it is vacation. and with toddlers a schedule isn't always a good idea.

Source(s): love disney
  • Erin K

My family (2 adults, 2 children) just got back two days ago from a week long trip. We loved the dining plan, and it worked wonderfully! We stayed at the Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter and also used parkhopper passes. We ate lots of different places, including:

Chef Mickey's

1900 Park Fare

Sci-Fi

50'S Prime Time

Tusker House

We made reservations waaay in advance, and we didn't have any problems at all. The dining plan is definitely worth it and a great buy! Have an awesome trip!

Just a notice: The eating plan has exclusions.. a few eating places are NOT included. If you're going in your honeymoon, with out youngsters, you hould NOT leave out dinner at Jiko. (within the Animal Kingdom Lodge) True romantic gourmets journey there simply to consume there, and pass the parks. However, Jiko is NOT at the eating plan. (absolutely) I nonetheless would not leave out it.. It tands as some of the exceptional eating stories my husband and I have ever had. sincere.

• Norma

I simply get in my car and drive over. I have a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from McDonald's along the way. I enjoy what rides I want to go on and I am out of there no later than noon. I ask friends to come over to my 2 acre ranch and have fun swimming in the pool, playing ping pong or Bocci ball and then I barbecue porterhouse steaks for dinner We sit and drink wine and watch the fireworks being shot off at Disney.

• Carol

This is not really related to your question. I just thought you'd like to look at this site about the Coronado Springs Resort, since you're staying there.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/