How to get rid of ants?

Me and my family have tried everything to get rid of ants, and its summer so every one of the little jerks are coming into my house, they're not big ants, their like little black ones, the ones that don't bite, just are there to eat your food and tick you off.

I have tried spraying poison (everywhere), ant bait but they just eat it at the spot, and don't bring it to their nest, power steaming the carpets to kill the ants underneath... they love the kitchen, and i can't think of a place they might be hiding, we've sprayed under the fridge, under the sink, pantry, behind the microwave, under the oven, in every drawer, every corner on the counters, the only thing i can think of, is either their hiding behind the dish washer, or their hiding in under the counters because we have some cracks that they could get into... does any1 have any suggestions on what to do, or know what to do? even if you just have a suggestion on poison fine with me.

Favorite Answer

Boric acid was first registered in the US as an insecticide in 1948 for control of cockroaches, termites, fire ants, fleas, silverfish, and many other insects. It acts as a stomach poison affecting the insects' metabolism, and the dry powder is abrasive to the insects' exoskeleton.

Boric acid is generally considered to be safe to use in household kitchens to control cockroaches and ants. Homemade ant bait can be made by dissolving 1 teaspoon (5 mL) powdered boric acid and 10 teaspoons (50 mL) sugar into 2 cups (500 mL) of water; this mixture can then be absorbed into cotton balls which are left near ant trails. This reportedly will be carried back into the ants' nest, killing any ants that eat it, potentially destroying the entire colony.

Boric acid is also made into a paste or gel form. The paste or gel has attractants in it to attract insects; mostly cockroaches. It is convenient to use because you can simply put a small dab under sinks, counters, refrigerators, and stoves. The boric acid dehydrates the insects. It does it slowly and they don't realize they are in danger. One of the real benefits of using boric acid is that immunity can't be built up; since it works through dehydration. The insects take the bait back to the nest and one application can eliminate them for an entire year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid

I too had the same problem and I finally hired a pest control company. They spray the perimeter of my property every other month, also under all the eaves and around the entire foundation. I you don't want to hire someone then I think you can buy the same type of spray at Home Depot or Lowes. I think it might be called Home Guard or something like that. The good news is my major ant problem was completely resolved by this service.The key is to form a barrier around your property before they come in the house.

I am sure U must be mopping all floors of Ur house,In the mopping water add Ant power & some dettol,this will keep away ants/mosquitos,other bugs too.

if you know where they are coming from block the hole up or better still (if away from the house) burn the nest completly with a bit of petrol

Sounds like it would just be easier to move.

Find the uncles.

pet stores dotn sell anteaters do they?